Sunday, March 14, 2010

LOVE YOU LOVEY!!!!

Hey Buddy!!!!
I am finally home for a LONG while:) It is confirmed yet again that I really am NOT a traveler. I LIKE home. It would take an emergency to get me out of here now.
Yesterday we left for home from St. George at 3:30---I was driving. (first I should tell you that it took only 31/2 hours to get there on the way down). We walked in the door after 10....over DOUBLE the time!!!I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER driven or been out in such horrific weather. Much of the time I couldn't even see the road. We quit counting people slid off at 11 cars. We waited an hour and 10 minutes waiting before Beaver for an accident to be cleared. Even my December drive to Boise with Dad paled in comparison to last night. I had this sick feeling about driving home...I thought it was influenced by the girl in Megan's class mother dying in an accident in the snow earlier in the day...and then several of the team members parents decided to stay the night in St. George to wait out the storm. But Dad goggled the forecast and he said he didn't see anything worth worrying about, that I would drive out of it --even though the families THERE were coming up with forecasts that were telling of several inches of snow already on the roads at Beaver. I went back and forth 20 or so times before just deciding to head home...I couldn't get a good read on it one way or the other. I felt bad either way. I finally decided it was just me being nervous after the Boise trip and to just head out. STUPID DECISION. The snow was so thick I couldn't see for what seemed like hours. When the snow did ease up and we had a little vision, cars got stupid and went way to fast to pass and would slide right on off the road. I prayed for a LONG time and was so grateful for the sweet car ahead of me that I picked up just after Holden that went about 30 mph...their tail lights kept me on the road. I thought of many life parallels and analogy's while driving. When we got to Nephi, I just wanted to stay at the Burger King and wait for morning. I was so happy to be STOPPED and off the road. Sam and Spencer were pretty freaked out as well...Sam kept saying...how can you SEE? I can't see...how can YOU see? I prayed that they would distract each other so that they wouldn't be so worried. I kept reminding God that both of those boys have important things still to do yet, and to please help me. When I got to Spanish Fork, I was making oaths I hoped to never have to keep if I could just get home. I got home. I'm staying. And for the record...This woman no longer goes on trips in the SNOW!!!!!!
Sam's games were fun to watch...much warmer than here, but not WARM. The wind would whip right through the coats and blankets. St. George was brimming with all sorts of tournaments and visitors.
Since last Sunday that is really all I've done except try to catch up on the work I've been missing with my being out of town so much. I'm grateful for my unfettered work week ahead.
I did read a book called Little Bee about an African girl that scared the hebajeebas out of me. I've been trying to find and read about African things, and no, not such a good idea. Think I'll just wait until you are HOME.
It is SO GOOD to see you in your pictures. You are one beautiful boy/man...just in case no one has told you lately. It is GOOD for me to see you healthy, happy and well. The pictures of the ankle were concerning, but I am guessing it must be better or else you would have said more about it????
I am sorry I haven't gotten you a picture of Eli Hulsey yet...I just haven't been here, and then when I have , I've had a runny nose or not felt so great and then I don't dare go over...but THIS WEEK..even if I have to send Sam for the picture...I feel good now though, I should be safe. Just tired. Weary tired. I just want to hull up and not come out for days. How would that be??? Let's do that when you come home!!!!
I love you. I LOVED our surprise package. I love that you are so thoughtful. I love that your message will come in the morning. I hope your dreams are filled with love and laughter and relief from the busyness of your every day. All is well in our world's and I am grateful. Mine especially because you came to ME!!!!! Have a great day Lovey!!!!
XXXOOOXXXOOO MOM OOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

No comments: