Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oprah's new Network... OWN..SO FAR...LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!


Oprah has a new show (well, they are ALL new...) called MASTER CLASS. It could NOT have been more brilliantly named. My soul was tutored. How they will get the rest of the series to come off as AMAZING as this one, I have no idea, but I don't doubt Oprah. I know I won't miss one. It made me want to work for Oprah SO badly. All these people I want to spend a day with sipping the cream off the top of WHO and HOW they are...I COULD!!!! I've never written a letter to Oprah, but I want to send her one with MY LIST of Master's, hoping she will spotlight them.
This show she featured Diane Sawyer. What a BEAUTIFUL woman...love and kindness. I have always loved Diane Sawyer...just like I love Oprah....if they are on the TV I WANT to hear what they have to say. Diane's quiet graciousness, that is filled with strength and love as she calls out hard topics and hits them on the head, has always drawn and bonded me to her. Her sweet realness is so appealing to me. I want to BE like her. I loved it at the end of the show when Oprah said she wanted to be like her too!
ANYWAY...something Diane said has affected me deeply...rarely does just a comment hit my soul about needed change in myself. I am sure it was able to slip in so boldly because it wasn't DIRECTED at me-- so my ego and pride had NO TIME to get in there and blow it off. Diane was talking about marriage and how she had interviewed some woman ( I wish I could give her credit) that had said to her about marriage "Criticism is just a really really bad way to make a request..." It STILL washes over me with warmth and goodness. I don't want to criticize---EVER. Criticism has never been an effective tool in helping ME change. Yet, dang it all, I CAN BE QUEEN of CRITICISM. I have been trying to work on myself when I have negative feelings...and almost always those feelings come through my mind as criticism---to myself or of others. This one phrase of light helps me SO MUCH. There is no need to criticize EVER if I can just learn to identify when I am doing it, and then make the REQUESTs that would change my negative feelings. And if the requests can't be met, then I can choose not to keep myself there or with that person.
Diane, I am SO GRATEFUL, YOU came to my world, and shared so much of your life and happiness processes with me. And Oprah honey...Best Friends forever---you never cease to astonish me. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in your energy space with SO MANY people LOVING on you and the miracles you provide for us. I wanna be like both of you before I exit this sphere.....

No comments: