Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

We had steak, mashed taters, salad, rolls....nobody wanted ham and fixings. Since nobody is HUNTING anymore I took a big basket of eggs and we passed it around and you had to take the first one you touched so no shaking ahead of time....inside with the candy were dollar bills, a twenty, gift certificates to Daylight Donuts, juice press, carmike cinema, backscratches from mom, mom to make food item(s) upon request,Blockbuster rentals...it was fun...think it will be the new tradition so we'll still be doing it when you come home Josh!!! We got the expansion pack for Settler's...Sam won finally!!!! The boys spent most of the afternoon watching the MASTER's...Tiger didn't win...neither did Perry who Spencer wanted...now I can't remember the guy who did...anyway....Spencer has NO IDEA that I got this shot of him MOCKING older men and the way they wear their shorts...attractive no??? I wish I could get half the stuff that goes on here on tape. Today Sam put a jelly bean in his mouth and told Megan to open hers and then he tried to spit it into her mouth...yeah...she about killed him...we were all on the floor. You NEVER know with these guys....The boys have gone out to the fire pit and friends are quietly arriving...I said they could come without asking Dad, but Dad doesn't feel great about it since it's the Sabbath-hence-QUIETLY arriving. Last night they burnt some old lazy boy chair back there...THAT was a fire...Mike Cooper was in charge of starting it and used plenty of gas and I was relieved when the fire department DID NOT arrive. I sure love those boys. I LOVE that they choose our house to make some of their forever memories! They have spring break all this week ...we are just staying here with Sam's baseball and the economy. I imagine we'll rent a few video's and play some more board games, and for SURE THEY will be sleeping in....IF we can get the sun to come out and the temperature to raise, we have PLENTY of yard work to start.

GrandDad and Olive are skipping the Easter Dance tonight because he's not feeling so great. Jeremy, Kori and girlies are out in Fillmore doing his weekend in the sticks...Preston and girlies are in Logan. Dad is somewhere with Chris no doubt. Still haven't seen David Chester since Jake left. Michael made his first security system sell here yesterday. Some kid who sold over 300 systems last summer took him door knocking to train him and then he went for 3 hours on his own. He's excited to get going and tired of school. Matt Matheson is going to go with him and install. I can feel the FUN in their summer in MIAMI already!!!

Dianna told me today that Greg has not gotten your last few e-mails...i have no idea WHY...i forward them and will send this blog link to him again tomorrow...so he should be getting it DOUBLE...but just wanted you to know so you didn't think anything weird was up if you don't get anything from him. I also forwarded Jake's so let me know if you aren't getting them.

This week I have still been studying the TAO...maybe I could be a Philosophy major??? I love the TAO (which translated means THE WAY) as much as the scriptures...with principles like these, who couldn't??? *end on LOVE no matter what*Be a GIVER--give give give*gather as much VIRTUE as you possibly can*replace all negativity with LOVE*Pay attention to the FLOW of your life*Be soft as water....absolutely truth and Spirit filled.

I've also been reading this great book by a woman named Louise Hay called YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE...I hope each of you kids will read it at some point. Just a few quotes from her book for you to chew on and cross reference with your scripture study:)
"What we think about ourselves becomes the truth for us. The thougths we think and the words we speak create our experiences. When we create peace and harmony and balance in our minds we create it in our lives.....Our subconscious mind accepts whatever we choose to believe. They both mean that what I believe about myself and life becomes true for me. What you choose to think about yourself and about life becomes your true for you. And we have unlimited choices about what we can think.....
I find that when we really love and accept and APPROVE OF OURSELVES EXACTLY AS WE ARE, then everything in life works. It's as if little miracles are everywhere..."
This is just the tip of her understanding...I want you to all get the whole thing...cuz right now you might want to discount what you just read and say...WELL no one should approve of everything I do---much less me...I'm NOT perfect!!! She goes on to help you through all of that as well...ANYWAY...just think about this little bit for a while will you? AND BE SO NICE TO YOURSELF LOVEY...LOVE YOURSELF!!!! You ARE PERFECT for right now...for how long you've been here, for all you've been through and haven't been through...for your choices to look outside yourself in love...you ARE perfect... I encourage you to watch what you think and try to change your thoughts so that they only reflect what you want to SEE in your life. I am surprised at how hard it has been for me this past week as I have practiced...I had no idea how mean I am to myself...and how often I think things I DO NOT WANT to bring to me. ANYWAY...back to the plain and simple LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

I DO LOVE YOU!!!! I miss you. I am excited for all that you are learning and sharing. I'm excited (and a little jealous) for the people who get to be with you. Take it all in and bring it back to me....
With all the love in my heart..which I hope is growing every day!!!---I am one proud Momma.
EVen though you weren't here to take your eggs from the basket...there IS gonna be a make up plan when you get home!!!!
Tell your companion I love him.
MOM
XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX



















1 comment:

Kath said...

Spencer is quite a card. He makes me laugh. Looks like a wonderful Easter! I sent pictures of ours to Don, so ask him to see them if you would like. I need to find ways to love myself more, not to be selfish, but to not blame myself for everything that happens. I will write down the name of the book and purchase it asap. With all of my love! Kath