Wednesday, April 22, 2009


Talked with Mike Berrett yesterday and loved some of the things that were said...but when touching upon doctrines of religion that don't FEEL good, he said, "I'm just a simple guy....I've found that it's easier for me to just focus on the things I know are true rather than spending alot of time trying to figure out the ones that don't make sense to me"....and then he shared one of his favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon 1 Nephi 11:17 "I know that he loveth his children;nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." I LOVE THAT...I like it even better transposed....I do not know the meaning of ALL things, nevertheless, I KNOW that HE LOVETH his children . And I do...I KNOW that. I'm 46 and still working on figuring it all out. Mike's approach was fresh air to my tired brain.
This picture of him is so dated...but when I found it I couldn't resist putting it up. Never new him in the facial hair/more hair days.

No comments: