Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nechol johnson from North Carolina.

Tonight I had just finished feeding Spencer and Sam and 5 other friends chicken fettcini...I sat down to finish SURVIVOR when 44 year old Nechol knocks on the door. Every year "they" come and sucker me into buying their too expensive cleaning product....but this year....I even wrote on the check...out of PURE LOVE....this woman talked faster than I could almost follow...she laughed all the while and in less than a minute I new her age, that she was a granmother, no longer on welfare, staying at the Airport inn, here for the summer, was in Heber last summer, her back hurt from carrying the bottles, she felt like a slave to this business, wished she had a home, she thought I was lovely, couldn't believe that i would go through that pain 5 times, how could I possibly have all those man children in at that table?, the names of the neighbors on my street who had bought......no, I wasn't going to be able to say no to her and I loved her for her spunk...I WANTED to share my money with her. I tried to just give her the money and not take the product...and she wouldn't have any part of it.....she said 'NO MAM...I EARN my money just the same as you...but thank you anyway...I CHOOSE this job. Grateful God gave it to me".....

Now...think about that for awhile.....I CHOOSE this job....GRATEFUL GOD GAVE IT TO ME...
I am humbled, inspired and will try harder to be better...thank you Nechol Johnson from North Carolina.
Wish I had a picture of her, but believe me, she is BEAUTIFUL~~~~

2 comments:

Carol in Sweden said...

What a beautiful story!

Kath said...

Natalie, your a kind and loving person, and I love you for being you!