Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CHRISTMAS DAY 2008

We called Josh right at 7 and he said it wasn't a good time and to call back in an hour. We called back in an hour and it STILL was not a good time...Third time was almost the charm but the reception was terrible and we had to call back several times. Turns out the first time his companion was being transferred out on an emergency. The second time they had been stopped by the police who were drunk and crooked and wanted their cell phone and cameras etc....Josh fortunately had his paperwork and was able to get out with the rest without incident. It was SO SO GOOD TO HEAR HIS VOICE....his HAPPY voice. Jake came at 7 am so he could talk to him and stayed through present opening and breakfast burritos.

Joshy...you wanted to know WHAT We GOT: I had a SWIM christmas! Don got me the flippers and new lap suit and Becky my training partner got me THE COOLEST finger lap counter and the swimming bible. Used the counter TODAY Becky and LOVED IT!!!!! Had one of those young 30 year old triathlon guys ask me WHERE he could get one...For once I was the cool one in the pool!!!
Dad got 2 new pillows from Marriott like he always raves about, a promise from me to paint his office, massages, and books. Megan got new snow tires for her car, UG boots and books. Michael got his laptop for school. Spencer got an electric razor and some golf clubs. Sam got his new weighted bat for try outs and his ski pass. GrandDad got a CD/ Radio alarm clock for his room.

We spent the day reading, watching movies, and eating. It was so nice to just BE...no one had to be anywhere and no real estate calls.
Beans came for games the next day and Rachel schooled us all in Settlers...I told her you would take her on when you get home!
GrandDad has had a hard time being here. The story is long and sad. But the SHORT version...we have had him to the Doctor and he failed the mental tests, and he can no longer live alone....which as you can imagine makes things easier AND harder on me. I won't have to keep going to Canada, but WHERE he'll live? We are working on step 2 now. Still not sure if he will just stay with us or if he will choose an assisted living home. He has been angry and mad that we won't take him to the airport so he can get back home. We told him that if he could make the arrangements hisself then he was free to go. It was so hard to watch as he knew he couldn't figure it out. Anyway, he has new meds and has been back to his sweet self today. What a welcomed relief. When I am old Josh, and you are not sure what to do with me, remember that I already went through this and give you permission to do whatever YOU think is best....I'm sure Megan will want to have a say in it as well :) The difference is I think I will LIKE living with one of you....:) Please marry someone who is a great cook and decent housekeeper :).
Stephanie came last night to say how sorry she was to have missed the call and to get all your mailing info.
Megan is planning a BIG new Year's EVe party at the Stake Center...Check her blog for the details.
A new year...new resolutions...working on them NOW.


1 comment:

Carol in Sweden said...

WOW...you got a lap counter and timer for your finger! Let me know how well that works! (I'll ask for one for Valentine's Day!)
Did go swimming twice over the last week..if I swim on my back then I can cough when I need to as I'm STILL sick! what a drag!

Your photos are lovely...what a wonderful holiday celebration you had with all your family!