Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tript to BOISE


Josh, I've been HORRIBLE at taking pictures. I PROMISE to be better.

GREAT NEWs JOSH!!!! Dad got a job on Friday at the church to be over Strategic relations with Latin America...so you KNOW he's a HAPPY boy. We are ALL relieved and appreciate all those who fasted and prayed with us and gave leads and reassurance. He starts January 5th so he'll be able to enjoy the rest of the holidays more now. He'll office out of Salt Lake 3 days a week (he'll ride the bus up) and 2 days a week down here at the Orem office in the old Word Perfect buildings.

Friday we left late for Boise so Dad could go to the interview. On our drive there he was called and presented the offer over the phone. He was official by the time we got there. We stayed at the Johnson's. You should see Molly. She says EVERYTHING and snugged with me and Sam to sleep...she had a hundred wonderful things to tell me. Sam is taller and a great brother to Molly. Annie is drop dead beautiful and so is Katie. Strange how much they can grow up in such a short amount of time. They will be here after Christmas and I'll be sure to get pictures. Ali and Paul asked after you.

Saturday we took GrandDad Harris to breakfast. He has really deteriorated since we last saw him. He is very quiet and to most of the questions we asked he would just say "I really don't know" or "I don't remember". It was hard on Dad to see him that way. But at the same time, he is ALWAYS so kind and sweet---we are grateful that he has kept that. He seemed to truly thrill to have all of us there Sat. night. Dad and his siblings had a family photo in the afternoon and I'll post that as soon as we get a copy but it could be a wfew weeks.

We had a blast at the family party gift exchange. First we did the NICE presents, then we exchanged the NAUGHTY presents. Yep, Dad got girlie panties with a Baby Ruth Bar taped inside...pretty juvenile...3 guesses as to WHO did it (Still LOVE YOU KELLY). Ron was given Elf boxers so they posed together. We left at nine thirty to head for home because the weather was suppose to turn nasty with several inches of snow and we wanted to get ahead of it. But, we are OLD farts and by the time we got to Burly (1:30am) we were too tired to keep on and stayed at the new Fairfield Inn there. It was perfect though...we WERE ahead of the storm and even with all the slide offs and roll overs made it safely home. One suburban had rolled and we were going at a good clip... we slowed as soon as we saw it. I was SO SAD for them, but it saved US...we had slowed to about 30 miles an hour and just after we passed them we hit the black ice and were able to stay on the road because we were so slowed. Kind of like life...so sad for those who mess up ahead of us...but grateful for the pain and personal experience it saves us from when we take note.

During our whole lovely time away...Megan was home helping GrandDad through an anxiety attack. All is well, but he was shook that I left and he was going to go to Marc's. All is righted and I am home and he seems okay.

WE ARE SO EXCITED for THURSDAY....we can't WAIT to talk to you. Now, Greg REALLY wants to talk to you...he is wondering if you would be okay with the hook up. I will pass on the info you give me to him and vice versa and hopefully you will be able to hook up...GREG says you are BROTHERS with NO QuESTIONS asked:) I agree. I hope it works.

I am hoping that by the time the break is over, GrandDad will be more settled, Dad will be at work, the kids will be back in school and I'll be able to focus on work more. But until then...i am going to LOVE EVERY SECOND of everyone being here. But OF COURSE we'll be MISSING YOU. I promise to document it with pictures. PLEASE be sure to tell us what you will be doing and if and when you get your presents. I sent another package this week...so maybe you'll get it by Valentine's???

Again, we LOVED the pictures last week. Your companion is handsome and LOOKS kind. The food was still a bit ify to me...

BUddy, I LOVE YOU!!!! WE loVE YOU!!!!! 4 Days and COUNTING!!!!!!!
XXOOXXOOOOOOXXXXXXOOOOOOOXXXXXXOOXXOOXX
MOM





5 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Will I be invited to a wedding soon??????? I HOPE SO...they sure look cute together! And I just want to SQUEEZE that baby boy....
Glad your Boise trip went well and THANKS A MILLION to Megan for "holding down the Grandad fort!"

Jamie and Julie said...

Glad to read that you made it home safely. Your messages on facebook had my attention about Don and his employement. I should have known to come to your blog to get the details. You were missed yesterday. I found out the Duncans and Clarks are moving away so that was bummer news.

Anonymous said...

Megan looks so beautiful. :)

Michele said...

Cam Shoell wants to know if Don goes to Sao Paulo can he take anyone with him? HINT HINT

Kath said...

Don was such a good sport to go along with putting on those panties. We had so much fun, and I was so glad to have all together again. If is sad as to how Dad is becoming, but that is to be expected with Alzheimer's.