Sunday, December 14, 2008

Primary Fun


I had Primary Sharing Time today. I made one of the kids favorites and just in case you haven't seen it....it is a foam board with holes cut out, you hot glue the paper bags to the back and then fill them with surpises for the kids to "punch" out. Today I had it filled with all the symbols of Christmas (Candy canes, star, bells, fir tree....) and we talked what they each represented and how it reminded us of Christ. The only problem is, you need like 10 of them so every one can get a punch. They feel so disappointed when they aren't choses. Hey Michelle...you can borrow it anytime you want!! Anyway. I stole this idea in college from another girl in my Elementary Ed. Major...and have loved her for it many times over throughout the years.

2 comments:

Kath said...

What a great idea, even for a birthday party for young ones, maybe? Sounds fun to me anyway.

Gene and Sheri Family said...

I am SOOOOO glad you posted a pic of your punch board....the Primary Pres is keeping me in Primary for the upcoming year so I'll have at least 2 S.T.'s to do and I hope I can work that idea into one!!

Also, my Yogi Tea bags have little quotes on them...yesturdays was "The soul is projection. Represent it!" THAT would be a killer talk for youth....but they probably already have given you a topic... :)

AND thanks for posting our family pic....but mostly thanks for saying I'm beautiful...cuz I got chin hairs too! lol! Anyway, I REALLY do have a goal to do a family pic for 2009!

Hang in there! :)