Wednesday, December 17, 2008

graham and granddad

I posted an update on Graham last night and now it is gone? ANYWAY...nothing has changed. He was doing well enough that they are going to give him another 2 months before they decide on the surgery. He will have to stay on his meds and the oxygen until then, but hey....WE ARE GRATEFUL!!!!

Just thought I'd cleanse my soul by sharing a few GrandDad quotes with you. Now don't go thinking that I don't think they are horrific...that IS THE POINT. My own flesh and blood, albeit 89 years old, truly thinks this way.
Quote no.1 during Biggest Loser Finale last night:
"...All Black women are fat unless they have a worm."
Quote no.2: "all fat people marry fat people" (then Don injects "well, I'm sure there are a few who don't") to which he replies "OOOOHHHH No, Most ALL of them."
Today on the trip to Costco with the unexpected side stop at Chuck a Rama:
Quote no. 3: 'The Mexicans have a well thought out plan to take over the country---they are already all the way up into the middle provinces you know."
Quote no.4 at the bank to the Teller: "Is the IRS complaining about my accounts?"

5 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

LOL! Bless you my sweet sister!! Hang in there!

Montello Off Grid said...

Wow. I've been enlightened. Now I know where all my thoughts come from!!!! I'm looking forward to our visit.

Miss Megan said...

Oh my gosh! I shouldn't be laughing, but you've got to admit it is kind of funny. If you can't laugh, what can you do? :)

Carol in Sweden said...

You know Natalie...I think he's possibly related to my aunt and uncle...when visiting us in Sweden 3 years ago as we were driving through the countryside with Maya in the car my aunt started to go through the alphabet and say a negative thing for (all) 'colored' people for each letter. I thought how the heck can my mother have grown up in the same house as this person? When she got to G I pulled over and told her if she continued she'd have to find her own way back to the USA from that country road! She shut up but it took my cousin's help! There was no way I wanted Maya to hear all that!

You are blessed with the patience of an ANGEL! And he's not going to change at that age! So you might as well laugh!

Oh...and my aunt is fat and my uncle is not! ha ha ha

Jamie and Julie said...

I'm sure his comments provide some comic relief. Glad you are able to spend time with him and hope your trip to Idaho goes well.