Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jane Ann's funeral






I know this will sound strange to some of you...but funeral's are often my favorite church meetings. In our church they last about and hour, the family spends most of the time speaking, and the music is stirring. Everyone gets REAL about the lives they are living and perspective melts in my heart and oozes down my soul and the stupid things I worry about shed away. This funeral was no different. I loved EVERYTHING the kids had to say. And the song I helped the Grandkids with was LOVELY. I'll include the words here and just let you have a glimpse into the day. I am sad that I didn't take any at the luncheon...the church fed 150 after the grave was dedicated...the visiting was sweet and healing...and the food didn't hurt any either.

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

Sam said he really enjoyed the funeral. He liked Jane Ann and told us how she used to him scripture stories and how much he enjoyed listening to her telling the storied.