Friday, June 13, 2008

Reasons to live in this area






REASONS TO LIVE IN THIS AREA:
1-The beauty that surronds you takes your breath away EVERY DAY!!! We were just driving home from "town", and saw the racoon race across the road and up the tree, all the baby goslings on the Maitland river, the amazing sunset, the Minnonite horse and buggies on the sides of the road on their way to carry out their lives with such absolute integrity and dedication to what they believe....
2-The AMAZING people. I've already told you about the farmer Ray that has a barn across the street from GrandDad, but just let me remind you...he checks on GrandDad daily, clears the snow off his drive, takes him to the hospital, fixes his mailbox and every other little need GrandDad has. Just always has the TIME to do it. He reminds me of the the Disney character Shrek...big and strong and gruff, but the sweetest man you'll ever meet.
We went into a restaurant in BLUEVALE (which is the name of the village GrandDad lives in, kind of a drive thru town and a miracle it would have a business) ...anyway, the owner, cook, dishwasher, waitress, FEMALE Extraordinare took a chance on this business 5 years ago in August and did a lease to own and is making an ANNE TYLER life right there!!(Anne TYler is one of my favorite authors because her characters are SO rich with realness and you LOVE each of them no matter their flaws because you feel yourself in them)Her name is Helen and she's 47 and beautiful and I loved her gutsy business move best. I want those kind of guts.
The Librarians I already mentioned, but again, here's a picture of them, later I'll include their latest must read book selections. It's a different pace, a whole different world than the one I'm living in and I am either homesick for Melrose, going deeper into my mid life crisis,or just waking up to the fact that I don't have to keep living parts of my life the way I'm living them...I want some of their parts. I remember well the PARTS I hated from growing up in Melrose...so far from TOWN, removed from people...I really LIKE PEOPLE. I no no one is still reading by now...so I'll just keep assessing in my own brain.
3. THe signs say it all...YES IT IS TRUE..24 FLAVORS...new goal...stay long enough to try them ALL!!!

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

I read it all. Hope you home and children were in good shape. I was bummed to hear Spencer was cut from his employment. I love reading your posts and how you express your thoughts. You see things and share your experience in an introspective manner that is engaging.