Friday, June 13, 2008

What are the odds/


Our luggage came late Tuesday and we were GREATFUL..but also aware of truly how little you need when traveling...as long as you have your running stuff.

I wish I had a picture of Don trimming GrandDad's trees, or of him cutting the lawn, or fixing the roof, or standing at Ray's barn being eaten alive by mesquitos while trying to work from the phone. I wish I had a picture of the lady telling GrandDad he passed the test and a audio blurb of GrandDad telling her that he loved her. I don't know that you can even catch that kind of relief in a picture, but I wish I'd tried. I wish i had a picture of Ray again working his cattle in the barn, the huge ground hog in GrandDad's back yard, and a video clip of my morning runs. I wish i had a picture of how I feel when I am there. The world seems right. I want to move everyone I love there with me, even if just for a while. I'd like to TRY to get sick of it.

SO, we get on our first leg of the flight to come home. GrandDad's seat is 3 away from me, and I'm worried. I'm also worried about the 3 1/2 hours of the flight converstaion where I might have to relive/hear his whole income tax tizz again for literally the 30ish some time even if I do get someone to switch places with me. But LOOK at what GOD can do!! Yes, this man is a babe magnet. I laughed out loud when I see her come sit next to him...and he decides he DOES NOT want me to switch places with aNYONE...he will be fine...they talked the whole flight...THE WHOLE flight...and she obvioulsy had some kind of a tizz of her own and took her turn at sharing. Life is good.

I'm home and off to make up for no real estate for a week!!! Don had to fly on to Fredericton Canada. All is well here. All is well.

2 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Welcome home! I had a nice talk with Spencer on Wed. night. I think he's not upset about the influx of young women in our neighborhood! So, Grandad is not the only chick magnet in the Harris Family. (smile)

Glad you enjoyed the trip so much.

Gene and Sheri Family said...

That cracks me up! Wish I could've seen the babe-magnent in action! lol! :)