Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunday the 8th






We arrived to find out that our luggage DID NOT make the transfer in Denver that we would be without it at least for a day...no church clothes, no tooth brush, no underware. So...we headed for a drug store and got the essentials and arrived at GrandDad's super late...I was so sad that it was dark and that i couldn't see the farms as we drove out. GrandDad was asleep on the "chesterfield" with all the lights blazing and we had to wake him up...he never even heard us come in. I LOVE this man. I could tell how excited he was have us coming...THAT is such a SWEET feeling to have. Yep, dang cat still ruling the roost.

We went to church in our traveling clothes (I was wearing capri overalls) it felt a little wierd, but the branch is so small everyone knew why before we left and didn't care... about 50-60 people including the children.

Crossroads is GrandDad's favorite restaurant, it is in Elmira about 45minutes away. It's an all you can eat place---so now we know where Sam gets it from!!Anyway, for the price and the drive I'm not so taken with it, but I think GrandDad is tired of being his own cook and likes variety. On the way home, we saw the Minnonites out playing baseball in their fields. I don't know what their belief is about keeping the Sabbath day Holy...but it felt Holy to me just watching...the boys and men on one side and the women on the other. I wish I could have gotten a closer picture.

Speaking of keeping the Sabbath Day...We went to the dance at the legion in Wingham. And YES..I have always felt GREAT about it...what greater service could Don have done than to dance with the widows who sit plenty of dances without dancing? And me, I don't do any great service, but the LOVE I feel for those people and their lives an ways consumes me and recommits myself to spreading happiness and goodness.

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

The people at the dance come from the Greatest Generation period of N. America. This generation were leaned on for extraordinary service, sacrifice and heroics so I'm not surprised at your experience at the dance.