Sunday, May 3, 2009

Amber's FLAT STANLEY comes to Utah...

Amber's FLAT STANLEY arrived---it is based off a children's book---each person in her elementary class at school (Boise, Idaho) made a FLAT STANLEY and has sent HIM somewhere in the world to have an adventure. We only have him a week....but it has sure made me realize HOW MUCH this family crams into a week!!! And I didn't even get pictures of him at my book club....the midnight premiere of Wolverine....Sam's double header....bike rides up Provo Canyon...showing houses to clients....dinner at Los Hermanos....church.....yard work...golfing with Spencer....

His first outing was to Sam's winning game at Timpanogas High School...it was just before Michael left so he got to get aquainted with him and his friend visiting from England who served a mission with Michael in Germany.
He went on an 8 miler with me...I saftey pinned him to my shirt---I went late...like 7:30 and had SEVERAL honks...I am sure it was the kids on their way to school who have already done the same project...it was FUN!!! I just kept waving!!!

He went to Haven's 7th Birthday Party at Chuck E Cheese where Graham tried to MAKE him be his best friend...we had to take him away to save his life.
He came to date night with Don and I and played cards with the Beans and the Clarke's...he wasn' t that great at NERTZ but did great at SCUM...was even Vice President once!
Saturday he went with Spencer and friends and their dates to Thanksgiving Point to blow glass ...they made flowers. STANLEY came right home and helped me get ready for the fancy PROM dinner...he wanted a FLAT SALLY so he wouldn't feel out of place with everyone else having a date...but I was unfortunately too busy to get his TUX made. He says he liked the balloons and steak the best!! STANLEY was a big hit with the girls...especially Spencer's DARLING Date Jordan.
Tomorrow he goes to work with Don and will get to see Temple Square and the gardens...Tuesday he heads home....Flat Stanley is the PERFECT guest...never asks for a thing...quiet and polite, and ALWAYS SMILING!!!


































































1 comment:

Kath said...

I love what you did with Flat Stanley, Natalie. History in the making. I am sure Amber was excited when she saw that her Flat Stanley traveled and was involved in many of your family activities.