Sunday, May 24, 2009

Letter to Josh 24 May 2009

Lovey....here's the latest....We saw StaR Trek for family night last Monday and I can't wait for you to see it...it was GREAT! Funny too...we put it on the "list" for when you come home.

Kori went to Myrtle Beach with her Sister for a get away so Jeremy was Mr. Mom for a few days..he took the kids to Logan and then here for Sunday dinner. We can't get enough of "GRAMBERT"...he is scooting everywhere in his walker. Elle is still having Princess tea parties in the tub with me:) She even let me french braid her hair tonight!


Haven learned to ride her two wheeler with NO training wheels this weekBrother West worked his music magic again today. He brought all these hats and whoever could answer his questions to the song he was teaching could pick one out and put it on anybody else they wanted...the kids were thrilled. Then, he promised that if they could learn one whole new song then they could watch him dance with Sister Rapier (Dancing with the "STAR"S) because she is an amazing ballroom dancer. He talked to them about 3/4 time and how waltzes are always in 3/4 time like the new song.....sure enough, they learned the first verse and he danced with Sue, then they learned the second verse and he let Miles (one of the kids) dance with her...I could not believe how they ATE it UP!!!! Primary is so much more interesting with Brother West. Creative people are so great to have around.








Josh, just thought you'd like and update: on Rachel...she's graduating. Danaan is dating Heather Durrant pretty seriously. Steve Mortenson got his call to Georgia...Tyler Nielson is now waiting for his call. katie Otterstrom broke her wrist rollerblading with Dan while he was running in the canyon--he got them for her for Mother's Day so that could spend more time together:) Kimber and Jason Gray blessed their new baby girl GRACIE in Sacrament Meeting today and she is a DOLL!!! Jason's blessing was as tender and sweet and thoughtful as I've ever heard from a Dad...he blessed her mind that she would always know revelation from her first Father, God---he blessed her desires that she would be compelled towards Christlike characterisitics and hold true happiness close to her by choosing what has already been proven to be right.....I felt wrapped in the love he had for her as his soft voice flowed his love all over her...there were 10 or so men in the circle---I love that visual image of all those men standing round her--as guardians, protectors, guides....a lucky girl. I love you Buddy. As always you are often on my mind. And Michael. He called me this week to say he was homesick for the first time ever...and he mentioned he didn't have compassion enough for the Elder's on the mission who had been. It has rained there for a week solid making his work less than lovely...and it REALLY rains there...probably like YOUR RAINS!!!! Is it still raining?
I haven't gotten any flowers for the graves for Memorial Day tomorrow. The gravesite doesn't hold anything for me. I know they aren't there and it just feels empty. I know GrandDad cares though so I will take something and take a picture for him. GrandDad is ok...he and Olive are at the dance tonight. Olive has been with her daughters for a few days because one had to have surgery...anyway...things pretty much the same there. He really wants me to come and is hoping for July since I explained WHY it can't be before then...but I will probably try to push it to fall at least.
I'm getting so excited for Sheri to come I can hardly stand it...17 days....
The Spring has been so GREAT for working out...I get to take the bike up the canyon at least twice a week...Dad and Megan have been coming with me sometimes.
This is the boys last week of school so yearbook signings, parties, etc....Sam is truly sad to be leaving Oak Canyon. I can barely believe I won't have anyone in Junior High anymore...I'm officially one of the OLD MOMS now...I sure don't feel it!
I love you. I love you. I LOVE YOU!!!! I love you...I hope you are feeling all that love all the way there. I can't WAIT to hear from you in the morning. Let me know if you need or want anything..Tuesday I am sending another package with the gel inserts and the camera cable...so let me know.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!







1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

Julie has the same feeling on Memorial Day....reading your thoughts is like hearing them straight from your mouth.