Friday, May 15, 2009

CAROL...you will NOT be FORGOTTEN, and HOW you will be missed!!!!!


Yesterday morning Carol died of rectal cancer. I haven't been writing the details here...the details aren't important anymore...just that she is gone. I was so angry...and SAD...in a way I haven't experienced with death before. I am still a bit mad. It just seems like the WORLD should STOP what they are doing for at least a bit and acknowledge that SUCH LOVE has left the planet. But even as I thought that through...that's not true...her love hasn't left... I think I'm mostly just MAD about Maya being left so young and BO having her go so soon when they ADORED each other.
I wrote on Facebook yesterday that I am assigning her to be in charge of all the ARRIVAL parties now...how great and comforting will that be to know Carol will be there waiting for me on the other side?!!! I was out when I got the call. I just decided that the things on my list didn't matter. I got flats of flowers at the Nursery and came home and spent the day watering my new plants with my tears of love for her. Carol would have liked that. We loved the gardening thing together.I also talked to her out loud and told her I'd keep in contact with Maya and help her not to forget. That she could visit me anytime and enlighten me on MANY of the subjects we have been baffled about with this earth life. I asked to help me stay the true path...and help me make sure I'm on the right one in the first place. I just kept telling her I loved her. Whose plan is it anyway? IS IT OURS? Do WE decide when it's time to learn our lessons in a different sphere in a different way?

Isn't it interesting that even though her diagnoisis was only 2 months ago---her New year's resolution was to "tidy" up all her unfinished crafty projects around the house...and by golly she DID!!! PRoof on her blog....and isn't it interesting that November 14---EXACTLY 6 months to the day before she leaves she starts a blog to GATHER everyone she loved from High School...and now she is gone, but WE still have each other and the renewed love and friendships.

Isn't it interesting that she died on our classmate Randy Austin's birthday.....and SHE was worried about HIM and how hard he was taking her diagnoisis since his mother had died of the same cancer.I know people think I'm nuts...but I am here to tell you that that was an act of love on her part...she wanted him to know that her leaving was ok and now we can still be about CELEBRATING the LIVES we have here while we are here. I hope he gets her message and understands.

Isn't it interesting that she started sharing stories with me about relationships I was never involved with....and how those relationships had affected her...and now I have this to share with Maya and Bo and those others who were dear and involved.

Isn't it interesting that it was Sunday MARCH 14th that we first issued a call for prayers...

14 seems to be a significant number ...7 is the number for perfection, and 14 is double 7...and she is DOUBLE PERFECTION.

Isn't it AMAZING that one woman could mean so much to so many?

Carol woman...I love you. Show me the way. I'd love some inspiration as to how I can best help your family right now.....Hug Margaret for us...and my mom XXOOXX















2 comments:

Jeremi said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Natalie. She sounds like a wonderful woman! And if she does happen to share some secrets from the other side with you I'd love to know them too! :) Many hugs and much love to you and to all of Carol's family and friends!

Nancy said...

Dear Sweet Nat,

I haven't jumped on here for a bit. I just read about Carol. What a shock--that was so fast. I'm so, so sorry. I know you are heartbroken and I am so sad for you. Know you are loved and my prayers are with you and with Carol's family. I love you, Nancy