Thursday, May 8, 2008

ESCAPING





I know I am NOT the only one out there who does this..but I'm reading 4 books at the same time. Analyze as you wish. Each one is GREAT. I am easy to please. Somehow someone else's words running through my brain can be such a comfort. Martha Beck is just flat brillant...like her father...and I like to "feel" her processing. The Sacred Contracts is just another mid life who in the heck are you book...but dang interesting so far. And THE HOST and TWO FOR THE MONEY are just white nosie for the brain. I read Jan E.'s ONE FOR THE ? in Cancun...I'd never read that kind of a mystery before and she had me laughing out loud ALOT and dying to see how the bounty hunter was going to hook up with the love interest. Anyway..
Tommorrow I take Sam to Pocatello, Idaho for a Baseball tournament until late Saturday Night...that will be some lovely reading time. I hope the rain stops.

3 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Mike doesn't understand how I can do that either (read several books at the same time). I keep trying to tell him it's because we're multi-taskers and men are just, well, linear. They do really well 1 thing at a time. Anyways, I ordered my copy of "The Host" off Amazon 2 nights ago (Wal-Mart was only given 8 copies and of course sold out immediately). I'm waiting *patiently* by my mailbox every day. I hope it comes before we leave for Chicago on the 15th!!! I'm also reading another FANTASTIC book called "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinelli. About 40 pages left to go, but I HIGHLY recommend it. OK, I'm done. Thanks for sharing your books with us!

Love,

Meg

Michele said...

I so love Janet Evanovich, I have read all her books so far. Have a safe fun trip in Idaho and tell Sam good luck in the tournament.

Jamie and Julie said...

Justin is working her way through "The Host" right now. She's enjoying it as well.