Thursday, May 15, 2008

STEPHEN Sweet 16

Stephen Rockhill has been Spencer's VERY BEST friend for as long as I can remember...like 2nd grade. ANYWAY...today Stephen is 16 and his mom should get Mother of the Year for the Rockin' party she gave him. I kept a copy of the Road Rally stops and events for any moms who might be interested...it was SO FUN!!! I was thrilled to be an "adult driver":). She broke all the kids up into teams of 5 and 6 and there were ? 5 teams. Then we drove them around while they completed their tasks and had to video them to PROVE that each team member had completed the task. They had to go to 4 different houses to get bread, peanut better, jam and then eat the sandwhich...they had to go to Walmart and find the girl with the boom box and get a patron to do the macarana with them, they went to a strange address and were greeted with silly string at the door and the guy only spoke chinese and they had to respond in Chinese to get the clue and then they had to eat a bowl of rice with chop sticks. They had to find hidden water bottles at a park and drink them upside down. THey had to find strawberry shortcake in Macey's--she gave them $, they then had to buy one chocolate soft serve cone and one vanilla soft serve cone and then come out and make it into a twist!...they had to FIND the hidden shovels and DIG for their treasure. It was SO SO SO Fun!!! And the cake she had made was ADORABLE...it was Stephen's Driver's Liscene. Okay...anyway. I think I need to go back and visit 16 or something...I just wanted to do it with MY friends:) Don't worry...I'll stick to cards...maybe.
HEY!!! I forgot to say...MY TEAM WON!!! (it was traffic school on Tuesday night that made me such an expert racer:)) Spencer and Stephen were on my team XXOOXX

2 comments:

KellyandJax said...

Wow! What a great time to be had. I remember doing those fun things with my FHE group in Utah. I can't wait for Jax to do those things when he gets older. The cake is amazing. You almost hate to eat it , well, nah! eat it!!! lol.

I love ya!

Kels~

Carol in Sweden said...

What a party! What imagination! What organization! Incredibly fun, fun!

I would love to do that kind of thing for Maya in the future but with gas prices at $8.00 a gallon in Sweden just now...I can't imagine what the prices will be in 10 years. Not so economically practical! Of course, we could do a biking treasure hunt!

Love to read about your activities! Would you mind if I give your blog address to a parent of one of my students? I think she would like to read about your Utah life! (her family also plays Settlers!)

Carol in Sweden