Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sam's Ball team

Josh...here's a look at Sam's Freshman team. I could spit that I didn't take pictures at the double header yesterday. In yesterday's first game they were ahead through all six innings, then they put a new nervous pitcher in and they came from 7 behind to beat us. The second game they put Sam in to pitch, and he pitched 6 of the 7 innings and closed them out in 67 pitches...He was freaking amazing...my heart and nerves were pounding...even though all I did was sit there I needed a nap when it was over. I got pretty fried...I put on sunscreen for my skin cancer, but it must be old or out of date, because I fried the most where I applied it the heaviest. Emma Southard (31/2) told me at church today that I needed to get permission from my mom before I could put on that much make up :)

This picture was taken at the parents meeting where they told us we had to now sell 2/$350 banners to hang on the field as well as 1 $50 blanket. I think not...they got a week of my life for the auction and at this point, even though real estate isn't so lovely, I'd still rather write a check.It is just WRONG to me that is could cost so much. it sure makes Sam a happy Sam though...and you know how I love the games....such good cute boys on the team...Mitch HOuston is the only one I knew from before...he still hasn't grown yet...but no matter---I think his batting average is in the 700's and that boy can play second base!!! In the first game they had Sam at 3rd...he made a sweet, but mother heart stopping dive for a catch that he made and I think it will be remembered by all for quite awhile...
Now we just need the dang weather to start co=operating!!





No comments: