Sunday, November 9, 2008

Back to Germany








We had a lay over in Paris...my only time there and it had to be in the airport and obviously could barely keep my eyes open. I felt especially bad for the boys with their long legs.


Our neighbors the Atkinson's are serving a mission in Frankfurt and we met them at the church office building for a few minutes one afternoon when Michael was showing us one of his areas. They are going great and loving Germany.


Michael took us on a hike through the black forest and it was breath taking. I kept feeling awe struck to know that I was in a place so far from home. I kept thinking about Robin McKinley's book Outlaw's of Sherwood ---all about Robin Hood. I felt like Little John was going to pop out any minute.

We went to the temple with both boys in Friedrichsdorf. Interesting to be the one with the transulation headphones instead of the other way around.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I NEED to be, exist, drink in, etc., those leaves for a few months.

Miss Megan said...

Germany!!! I need you, I want you, I have to have you! I love the pictures! Thank you for sharing.