Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new President


I just wanted to go on record SOMEWHERE to say how moved I was by BOTH of the Presidential Candidates speeches last night. When John McCain was speaking and relinquishing...it was so inspirational ---I thought, "Dang, maybe I should have voted for him"....and then when OBAMA spoke, my soul sat upright and I could FEEL his sincerity...and I wanted with all my heart for him to be able to make the changes he hopes to make. I was happy---proud that America had showed her true colors and overcome the color issue. I felt a since of rightness that many of the changes we hope for had already been made just with the American people coming out and making a stand. Why couldn't I feel that from them BEFORE the vote? I stood there at the voting kiosk for a while trying to decide what it was I felt the strongest. I decided mostly that I wanted there to be more than 2 parties heard. I knew without a doubt Utah would give our electorial votes to McCain. So I voted for Bob Barr. Yep a Libertarian. May my fears be quieted in the energy and promise of the words delivered last night. I went to sleep smiling at thought of Michelle Obama in the the White House. First Lady. First Lady with kids. I'm all over that. And I love that Barrack would take such a loving picture for the world to see. Can I borrow that dress?Really. Can I?

4 comments:

Carol in Sweden said...

LOVE that photo of Michelle and Barack! And I love that she is a mother...one who gave up a high paying lawyer job to be home with her kids for a while! And I cried and cried with joy and hope during his acceptance speech! He's got a full plate...a messy plate to clean up! But he's the man for the job!

And I agree with you...the USA should have more than 2 parties representing us!

Everyone is smiling here in Sweden...smiling for us and USA!

Carrie Mullins said...

... smiling because of how this man will rape America's military and make us as indifferent as Sweden.

Anonymous said...

Well, we cried during his acceptance speech too. OF SADNESS. This man has NO experience, and he is promising everything. If he isn't the anti-christ, he is a pre-lude to him.
Read Revelations.

And YES, he will rape our military. Every time there has been conflict over the world, everyone calls for America to come and save them. When Obama weakens our military, we won't be able to save anyone, not even ourselves.
So don't bother calling on us to help.

CHANGE isn't always for the good.
And when countries like IRAN and Lybia are celebrating Obama - - - that is SCARY.

We better ALL stay in prayer.
And think about it: Laura Bush was a mother, and so was Barbara Bush, and Hilliary Clinton, and Nancy Regan, etc. etc..

Anonymous said...

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON – President-elect Obama plans to use his executive powers to make an immediate impact when he takes office, perhaps reversing Bush administration policies on stem cell research and domestic drilling for oil and natural gas.
-------------
STEM CELL RESEARCH?
This is Obama's agenda.