Thursday, November 13, 2008

A runner...a biker...a SWIMMER?


Yep. You betcha. I swam laps at the Orem Rec for the first time in years this morning. It is confirmed. I DO LOVE A POOL. (okay, I do KNOW that that wasn't in question). I felt this new zing of excitement and challenge. It about killed me. I can't get enough air. After 4 laps I had to just stop and BREATHE. I was panting like a puppy. It takes 16 laps to go a mile. I called it quits at 10. I want to leave room for improvement for the next time. This 20 something guy gets brave and tries to tell me he doesn't mean to offend, but that if I could change my form I would go alot faster alot easier. I think he was tired of lapping me. I laughed and informed him I was on the 45 year old do it the hard way burn more calories plan. Then I fessed up, watched his demo and spent the next 6 laps trying to replicate it... not so successful. BUT...I feel SO GOOD...I feel so HUNGRY...I feel like I just worked to core of my soul. I LOVE having the water slide over my skin, the smell of chlorine---so clean, old people doing water aerobics, no talking, just quiet gliding between air gulps/gasps. I can tell I might need some more scenery though or my music after the novelty has worn off....we'll see. Because of Kristen's blog I now know they have under water IPODS....heavenly...I'll have to prove to myself that I'm really going to be consistent before that purchase. And like, maybe sell a house or two in the near future. Anyway. I declare today as the I AM A SWIMMER now day.

4 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

I bet you still fit in your High School speedo!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Austin and I LOVED the jokes!!! And if it makes you feel any better...I took swimming at BYU when I was a 20-something...and COULD NOT get the correct form for the swim strokes. The instructor gave up on me! Although he appreciated my effort...so he said!

Carol in Sweden said...

I went swimming today too! I loved it again...as I always have but it's been so long! My shoulders are aching...but it's a good ache!

I can't wait to go again!

And I probably STILL HAVE my old GHS speedo....

1mamadeb said...

I love to swim! I will be your swim buddy!!