Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Heaven visited

OK... ONE DAY I'll figure out HOW to do the pictures in the right order and how to write inbetween them.But today is NOT that day... and I have had such a GLORIOUS time that--- I want to start out helping you smile, maybe laugh... so here goes:

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here
and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how
to get started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's
finished?"

The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a
rooster."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread
all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then
turns to her and says,

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able
to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's
have a nice cup of tea, and then..." He said with a deep sigh . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

Jamie and I talked and talked and laughed and laughed and ate and sewed while we watched movies and talked some more. I am reborn. For a little while anyway. We each had our own room with this living room in between us that we set up the sewing machines in. The living room had a HUGE flat screen TV. We had both irons going. I finished TWO, yes TWO quilt tops...I am SO excited!!! (we BOTH made the same pumpkin quilt)Sunday night we stayed up way too late. It was so indulgent!!! And so perfect to know that we could SLEEP IN as long as we wanted to!!!! When I went in to that snuggly bed with my OWN TV flipper and a view of the stars...I just exhaled all the ugly stuff that had been gathering in the corners of my soul. I was slightlly tempted by ALL of the cable channel MOVIE stations. Quickly I thought through my greater desire to quilt more hours the next day and put it on c-SPAN and was asleep in seconds. I slept until 6:55 and was shocked!!! I was SO happy to sleep so long. I went to work out knowing that Jamie would still be sleeping. Only a few people in there. I showered. We went to it!!!! We didn't stop until we left for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's...(Chocolate Shake,Bacon Cheeseburger and kill yourself happily in one sitting cheese and bacon sourcream and ranch FRIES). We came home, watched this horrible but intriguing BBC British film by Anne Bronte and were just dang happy...we STILL had another day.



Again, yes, two times, I got to climb into that yummy bed. I was going to stay up and enjoy that personal flipper...I'm not sure WHAT happend, but the next thing i knew I was waking up EARLY as normal and just layed there snugging in the covers LOVING that I DID NOT HAVE TO get up if I didn't want to. For fifteen minutes at least I revelled in just being able to stay there. So warm. THe sheets smelled great. THe pillows were perfect. I guess that was all I needed. Next my mind raced to working out on their super high tech treadmills with personal TV's. I hurried. I sweated. So much so that this young Asian man got on the one next to me even though we were the only ones in there. He messes with his machine then smells his pits, looks directly at me and then gets off and goes to lift. I KNEW people were LYING when they said they couldn't smell me. I laughed when I told Jamie. But, I really hate it that a woman could even be ABLE to smell that badly, much less that THAT woman is ME. I was back and showered by 7:10. Jamie was still sleeping so I pulled my machine into my bedroom and worked on quilt top number two until 10 when she woke up. Heaven heaven heaven heaven heaven...and it really happend to ME!!!! THANK YOU JAMIE!!!! Thank you Heavenly Father. No work-- not even calls. NO makeup or hair dryers or rollers. Same jeans, t-shirt and socks:) Happy children at home with Dad. GrandDad in Canada. Kelly's baby here safely. A good book in my purse. A gorgeous drive down Parley's Summit at dusk. A last stop at Quilt's Etc.... HOME.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like it was just what you needed! Love the quilts, maybe one day I will have to have you teach me how to quilt. Hope you your family have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Love ya,
Michele
P.S. I need an address for Josh, my primary kids want to write letters.

Carol in Sweden said...

What gorgeous quilts you made! What fabulous Crafty time you had! Isn't it wonderful to get away to create for a day or two!?

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

LUCKY! But you deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

Next time you go you have to take me with you. I would sooo love to have time to work on my own stuff..
Kim