Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fall is here

It was a nippy 48 degrees for my run this morning. Running on the canal you pass apple orchards and you can smell them before you can see them...hmmmm. I am such a ninny. I'm scared after my fall to get back on my bike, and I was scared to run this morning because it is super dark now at 4:30 and I was sure I would hit a pothole or a rock and fall...I did it anyway, but my nerves were on end. I'm pretty ticked about this whole scraped up thing. Anyway...Just seems like summer was WAY too short.

My sister Kelly has decided to now go BACK to NC and not stay in Utah...so a whiz of a move. Sad to see Jax go. So alot going on with that getting it all wrapped up.

Anyone have any great apple cake or other recipes that they want to share?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You. run. at. 4.30. Thats insane. I'm sorry. Its just is. . . . but I do admire you for it. :)

Miss Megan said...

My grandma used to gather up bad apples off the ground from our yard and cut them up and make homemade applesauce. I think she added juice, brown sugar and cinnamon, and then she would smother them in heavy whipping cream. It was heaven on earth!

Jamie and Julie said...

Call Julie and ask about the Bavarian (German) Apple Tort.

It's a wonderful dish you won't be disappointed.

Carol in Sweden said...

OK....if you get that recipe from Jamie and Julie for the Bavarian Apple Tort...SHARE IT, please! My mouth is watering already!

We have a great drying (food) machine...I like to dry some apple rings to munch on later...if you get them crispy you can use them like potato chips...only dip them into flavored yogurt! YUMMY and not so many calories!

I can barely wake up at quarter to 6 to walk on the treadmill...(too scared of the creatures of the forest to walk outside in the dark)..so can't believe you can get up at 4:30 to run outside! No wonder you can get so much done each day! You start so early! So what time do you go to bed?!