Sunday, September 21, 2008

Leaving

It's still dark out, the cinnamon rolls are raising in their pans, the turkey is almost done for the soup, the kids are sleeping and Don is off to church meetings. I am alone with my feelings. It's pretty dang lonely. Three of Josh's friends have their Missionary Farewell's today. It will only be a matter of weeks before Josh has his. Yes, I love God. Yes, I want the world to have the happiness that comes from recognizing that God is their true Father and that through his son, Jesus Christ, we can and will be given help, insight, strength, courage, and most importantly---life eternal. I'm just selfish. Pure and simple. I don't want them to go. None of them. I want them all to stay around me. I am tired of change that hurts. Okay...please don't start sending me ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to HELP ME feel better. I know all the stuff and heard all the stuff and LIVED all the stuff. I know life isn't about ME. I know it's a BLESSING to them. Michael LOVED his mission and would do it again right now. It's just....I have 3 more sons to go people. My heart is in pieces. No, I am not those other women who DELIGHT in their sons serving. I miss them to the core of my soul. BIG CHUNKS of me seem to be torn out when they are away. I already said it, I'M SELFISH. I get the problem. I just haven't gotten my soul to a place to make the problem seem doable. But no matter. November 4th I will put the sweetest son on the planet on a plane that will take him to Atlanta and then from there another 18 hours direct flight away from me. And he will love there. And he will share there. And he will testify there....and knowing Josh, he WILL change lives and spread hope. And I will be here. I will be working on sharing. I will continue to put the pieces of me together. It just feels ironic that I will send Josh across the planet to help others find true happiness when I'm still trying to get that whole thing together right here, right now.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Okay I wont send you anything to help you or make you feel better. I havent had any of my boys leave me for as long as a mission but I know how it feels when they are gone away and you cant see them. Okay so I guess I did try to make you feel better, sorry but you know what I mean. I love you and your family and just wish I would have been over this morning for those yummy looking cinnamon rolls.

Carol in Sweden said...

Can't imagine having my child travel so far away and not being able to see her for such a long time! I miss her even when she's gone for the afternoon at a friend's house (although I thoroughly enjoy my "free time" without her for a bit)....

on another note....WOW you have a gas top stove???? Wanna trade? I used to have one in Long Beach but not here...they are not sold much in Sweden (dangerous) but the next stove we get will have at least two gas burners if I have my way! And those buns sure look SWEET!