Saturday, September 27, 2008

Girls night out


Last night I ditched Don from our usual date night and went with Michelle, Debbie and Megan and her friend Kylie to TWO movies (which is one of my most favorite things ever and I've only ever done it a few times). I was sad to be disappointed in BOTH. First we saw THE WOMEN---I think Meg Ryan is one of the cutest women to ever hit the planet, and she WAS cute. BUT, the movie itself left you wanting more anything---resolution, lesson, moral, real friendship. Then we went to the new Richard Gere movie (mostly because I like the way he looks at his women)...and I could barely hang in there. I am really bugged when I can guess the story line. The acting was forced and felt like acting instead of being swept away. His character was undeveloped for the huge emotional swings they were trying to take me on. Maybe it's me. Everyone around me was crying like a baby and I was just irritated. I felt bad that I didn't feel bad. I'm getting too old. I WOULD however certainly LOVE to take a week and spend it at that beach house....
When I came home, Don was sleeping, but the candle was lit and he had picked the sunflowers and put them in a vase with this note. Real life is a good thing. Just that he thought of me while I was gone gave him LOTS of brownie points, but to actually take the time to SHOW it really made me feel grateful to be married to a man who is trying to keep the ZIP in the marriage. Oh yeah, and the other night when he gave me a foot rub when I was dying tired and that was ALL. More points. And then, I woke up in the middle of the night last night with a horrible head cold headache and he rubbed my head. Richard Gere hasn't ever done that for me. Go Esposo. I love you for it.
Can you believe I just had a wedding shower here and didn't take ONE picture? What was I thinking? Besides getting everyone fed and visiting? Dang I'm ticked I missed taking them. So fun to catch up with people I haven't seen in months.
Had my last longish run (12 miles) up the canyon this morning before the marathon.
1 WEEK TO THE MARATHON

I ran into Randy Nielson (no pun intended) up at Vivian Park (1/2 way) and we came down together. Our families have loved each other since BYU days. He runs my exact pace (about an 8 and a half minute mile) so we're going to try to find each other next Saturday in the sea of 7000 runners...can you believe 7000 other people are just as crazy? All for a stone finishing medal. Both of us are taking our ipods:) I hope it's warm enough to swim in the pool to help out the recovery. I WISH a hot tub was the best thing for you afterwards, but alas, NO. It will be great to have the family down there with me. Maybe they can scream for me the way I scream for them. I have to admit that was a wierd thing about the golf tournament...you can't scream "smash that puppy" or ANYTHING...Just quiet. It was hard for me to be good.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Seriously Natalie, who needs Richrd Gere when you have someone like Don waiting at home. Don makes me believe that there are real men out there. Your lucky to have found one the first time around. But you already know that. Thanks again for the great Girls night out even though they werent that great, next time we go stay at the beach house! :)

Carol in Sweden said...

WOW...Bo needs to read about what Don does for you! (although I get lots of love in all the right places...feet, hands, back, coffee pot, vases, and....just no notes!)

I"m soooo proud of you running the marathon! You are an inspiration!
Seasame Street...run, run everybody run...54321...let's RUN!