Thursday, September 25, 2008

Golf GLORIOUS GOLF!!!!














Okay...true confession. Until today, I've never been on a golf course for golf---not really...I mean when I was a teenager with boyfriends, but not for golf and then the sprinklers ruined that fun. Don and I went to see Spencer and Sam in their last tournament before the Stat e Playoffs. I GET IT!!!! People, this has NOTHING to do with men chasing a little white ball all over the pretty green grass. This is about RElAXATION, about good friends spending the day together, about fun mini carts that you can zoom all over in, about Amazing burgers at the clubhouse, about wild turkeys and baby snakes and squirrels, about a WHOLE DAY OFF WORK...I AM a CONVERT!!! When do I get MY clubs? I wanna play!!! I can't tell you how many times SPencer has said that he is never happier than when on a Golf course...and today...Momma bear finally GETS IT!!!! He's missed 8 whole days of school for tournaments...now THAT is a SMART Boy!!! Spencer was AMaZInG!!!! He golfed a 74 and for most of the day he was 2 under. Spencer went out in the first seed and Sam in the last so I still don't know how Sam did. We had to hurry Don home to meetings at 6:30. I realize that I am putting ALOT of picutres on here from today...I just HAVE to so you can see how WONDERFUL the day has been. I am not kidding. I am going to get a group of friends and we're going to join in on this SECRET....OFTEN.

3 comments:

Val and Merilee said...

Thanks for being in my corner (is that a boxing term?) for my continued "quest for Golf perfection". Val

Jamie and Julie said...

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. ~Robert Lynd

Put me on your list when you are ready to go out and hit a few.

Carol in Sweden said...

When you come to visit us in Sweden...bring your clubs because we live next to a GORGEOUS golf course! Yes, I am very good at observing and commenting on styles (clothing and swings) of the golfers...but, NO, I don't play. We find LOTS of balls in and around our yard, thankfully none of them have hit us, although one broke a window in my green house once. In Sweden, golf carts are ONLY used by people who can't walk or who have some physical handicap. I suppose play is somewhat slower because it takes longer to get from hole to hole...but more time to relax and enjoy the nature!? I don't know...we do use the golf course however, after a good snow it is GREAT for cross country skiing and sledding! Although there are CRAZY golfers using RED BALLS to continue playing golf all winter long, so we have to watch out for them if we are skiing! FUN STUFF! huh?

Let me know when you take up this sport...I'll send you a giftie from our course! :-)

And YOUR course is so picture perfect! What views!!!!! wow!