Monday, September 8, 2008

Happiness is coming home from work to a BABY!!!







It was a long day,--- with one lost client that I've spent several days with---they went for a For Sale by Owner with a killer price who had no desire to have an agent in the mix, another day to add to the last 5 months working on a short sale from hell, and wrapped it up with a sweet close with my most perfect client of the year--perfect because she and the deal have just flowed and been EASY. But to come home and have Jeremy and gang (can't say "girlies" anymore:^) ) here. AHHHHhhhhhh. Yes. That was heaven. It was Graham's first time here!!! Isn't he beautiful? You would NEVER know the ordeal he's been through just trying to stay on the planet with us!

I love that I can make spaghetti and corn and french bread and they just don't care... we can just kick our shoes off and relax with each other. The girls headed to the sandbox and Kori just snugged into the couch while we abused Jeremy and had him give the boys their golf physicals. Family is such a sweet sauve to every day survival.

See my peach trees? These were saved from an orchard about to be dozed by Jamie...he brought me this stick and said...I'm sure you can make this grow...it must have been his confidence, cause this little tree has now been with us for four seasons and just look!!! Another reason I may never weigh in the 120's again. Okay the peaches are so tasty alone, but do this number on them, add a little vanilla ice cream while warm, and then you can hug and kiss me!

PEACH COBBLER for a CROWD
(I have a HUGE pan I put this in...for a 9X13 cut recipe in half)
2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
2 tsp salt
2 cups milk
4 cups flour
8 tsp baking powder
Mix and spread on bottom of pan/ top with:
4 cups fruit
4 cups sugar (yes, it's true, just pour over the peaches)
4 cups boiling water (pour over everything just before putting in oven)
Bake at 350-375 until golden brown on top.
Ummmmmm.
No, I'm NOT sharing my peaches.

YES I dyed my hair darker. YES I've gained another 5 pounds while training for a marathon. YES I'm still afraid to get on my bike after "the Crash".YES I am too tired to try to make my peach tree picture match up with the text. NO I am certainly NOT grumpy. YES I am in complete control of myself. I think I have just the right amount of energy to make another pan of these melt in your mouth brownies we made for Sunday treat that I can't get my taste buds to quit demanding!!! Wrap your lips around these babies and see if you don't gain 5 pounds too...no matter how many miles you run each day!!!

Brownies with a Mission

1 cookie sheet (the one bigger than 9X13)
1 cup butter softened
2 3/4 cup sugar
6 eggs added one at a time
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or a bit more
When cooled a bit, ice with this:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
3 TBLSP cocoa
BOil these 3 together then pour over 4-5 cups powdered sugar
stir till spreading consistency.
Check the room for intruders and possible hijackers.
Get a fork.
Eat till head feels fuzzy. Wrap and hide with care, will need more about every 30 minutes. Eat and repeat. Leave pan in sink for "someone" else to wash. Go lay down and rest and dream.

5 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

You had much better luck with your peach trees than I did.

I suspect your boys are watching Monday Night Football. I saw Spencer picked up a good receiver.

Carol in Sweden said...

YOU are so funny!
If I make those brownies...I'll gain 10 pounds for sure because I will NOT share them! ha ha

And...peaches...you know, since moving to Sweden I have not had a decent peach, isn't that sad? They are the best ripen on the tree and they just travel too far coming here to be any good. But, you may have encouraged me to try again...that recipe looks so good!

And GRAHAM...what a healthy looking babe! He's healed with a LOT of love! give him a kissy for me! (and smell him for me! oh I love baby smell!)

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Awwww...sweet baby Graham looks great and GOOSHY! :)

Michele said...

Thank you so much for the brownie recipe(just what I need) Thanks again for having us over for dinner and you can make spagehtti and corn anytime and we would love it! We would even love pb&j's it's the company that makes it great.
Graham is sooo cute cant wait to meet him!

Jamie and Julie said...

Oh yes, I love the smell of babies, well of course when their diaper in not filled.