Saturday, September 6, 2008

Why I plant ZINNIAS





It just gives me a buzz to cut such cheery colors and fill vases full all over the house. This is my favorite vase, I would buy 5 more if I could find it again. Hard to believe such happy beauty can be obtained for a $1.19 package of seeds.

I could see my breath during my run this morning...and the trees are changing up in the canyon.
My pumpkins are already orange which is wierd, especially since I planted them LATE. Hope they aren't rotten by the time Halloween rolls around.

These photos of Sam half way through his buzz made me laugh...thought you might like a look.

3 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Sam's a trooper...literally. He joined the US Army at Camp Floyd this week-end. He might need some serious food and sleep as being in the Army is tough.

Julie loves Zinnias too! Actually I like them as well. My Grandparents had rows of them in their garden up in Smithfield I remember seeing them when I was a kid.

Carol in Sweden said...

Excuse me for saying this Natalie, but Sam has some really soft looking KISSABLE lips! I bet the girls are going to start noticing that soon, too!(if not already!) winky, winky

And your flowers are BEAUTIES!

Carol in Sweden said...

Will you post some photos of your FALL QUILT??? Please?!