Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sam and Katie...Debbie brought me my rocks from the RANCH....THANK YOU!!!!! Mostly THANK YOU for thinking of me. The RANCH is in Donnelly Idaho and belongs to our dearest friends family. They share it with us every year for a week and it is truly HEAVEN ON EARTH--for me anyway. The mountains, the flat valley with cattle grazing in fields of wild daisies, the river with no one there except us, the cabin filled to the brim with childlren excited to be the center of their parents world for a week, the canoes on the pond, the horses, the 4 wheelers, the cooking together, the EATING together, skiing on the lake, going to sleep with the sound of crickets and cattle and the smell of that fresh fresh cooler mountain air. One of the things we do at the River is skip rocks and collect rocks. These were gathered with love for me by Sam and Katie since we missed our trip up there this year. I'm looking for the perfect container to put them in for my office.

The empty hummingbird feeder is now a forever remembrance of God's love for me. I am often fascinated at the ways Heavenly father speaks to me. I'll start at the beginning. You know I love hummingbirds. I have four feeders now. My yard is a virtual hummimgbird delight for the whole summer. A few weeks ago I realized most had left and that only a few were left. Then 2 weeks ago I realized just this ONE was hanging around and NOT moving on. All the feeders were empty and he would just come hover in front of me in the kitchen window like he was waiting for me to fill his tummy. I was torn as to whether I should I not. I wondered if he wasn't moving on even when all the others had because he had it so great here and was so loved. So, I decided NOT to fill the feeder. Sure enough. I haven't seen him for four days now. He has gone. On the second day he didn't show up my heart and mind were filled with feelings that that must be how it is with God with me. He wants to fill up my tummy,....my feeder, but there are times he just needs me to move on from what is so great and comfortable to a new place for my OWN good. I decided to leave the empty feeders up until the pumpkins are picked so I can keep chewing on the things I don't want to MOVE on with in my life.




The Olsen's have been our friends for over 25 years now. Jessica is Megan's age and is here with her husband. Randy and Tonya hadn't seen Michael yet or had the personal Mission report so they came for dinner and catch up. Our boys have been favorite friends thru the years as well. We've had our babies together and now she is getting to be a grandma with out me. Look at this baby!!! How could I NOT ache to have one of our own around. Pretty much every Harris loves a baby---i think it came fromMY genes...but boy...they make us HAPPY!!!
Nathaniel (on the left of Tonya) just got a big write up in the paper about his amazing football abilities. Paul will be home from his mission the first of December, and Silas still lets me hug him.

3 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

I always thought Randy and Tanya were a nice looking pair...but they have only gotten better with "age." How lucky are they?? :) Goodlookin kids/grandbaby too!

Montello Off Grid said...

Thank you for letting me use your moments to help me better appreciate this moment!!! Hummingbirds and back scratches....

Montello Off Grid said...

....not sure why, but I'm reminded of a lady who let some boys dig some holes way too close to some orange trees cause she was "raising boys, not oranges!"