Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lourdes remembering MOM XXOOXX

Lourdes closed an e-mail to me with the following....just SO NICE to have others remember her and how AMAZING she is...knew a few of you would appreciate it as well. THANK YOU LOURDES!!!!

I cannot express to you how much I am grieving for the loss of your mom. I know it was 12 years ago for you but for me it just happened. I always knew I would find you again, I just assumed she would be there with you. Well, I am sure she is but I was really looking forward to hearing her laugh. On my last visit to Gainesville I told her that I loved coming to see her and that it gave me strength and peace to know that nothing ever changed at the Broadhurst home. That served as an anchor for me. I had no idea when I said that how much I meant it. We lost touch after they moved and I never talked to her but I really felt some comfort as long as I thought she was somewhere on the planet just being her. So much of who I am as a mother and person has to do with what I learned from her. I had a garden because of her. I make hash browns from yesterday’s baked potatoes because of her. I did not murder Tony as a teenager because of her. Most importantly, I have tried to mentor young women in need in the same way she mentored me. Because of her there are 3 women who are members of the church because I opened my home to them in the same way she did for me. She was the single most positive force in my life and I tried to pattern myself after her. I fell miserably short but at least she gave me a goal to pursue. One of the first things I will ask God is why she was taken so early. Millions of people die every year, why are they never the right ones. I know we all fought a battle for the opportunity to come and live in a world that is unjust but I still get bewildered when horrible things happen to the finest of people. Your mom was an exceptionally good woman, Natalie, and I will always remember her beautiful smile, her sincere warmth, and how she taught me to love the Lord and myself. Thank you so much for sharing her with me.

2 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

AWWWWW....lots of happy tears....that was so sweet.

Carol in Sweden said...

What beautiful things she wrote about your mother! Very very special!

Thanks for sharing!