Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moral Dilema


23 Days to the Marathon...our last 20 miler is on Saturday...and I can't decide WHAT to do. The race is some US Track and Field Qualifier something or other so it has to enforce and regulate the race by certain guidelines. The guideline that they haven't been enforcing before is the use of NO IPODS or electronic musical devices. They say it is for insurance reasons but go figure..??? ANYWAY...It is already embarressing that it takes me around 4 hours to run this puppy...but THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY THE J O Y OF IT!!! Really, I KNOW I can go 3 hours on my own...but that last 6 miles...I NEED all that Michael Jackson, Craig Morgan, Rascal Flatts, and Jock Jams can give me. Listening puts and keeps me in that I LOVE RUNNING groove. Now the race officials have forwarned us that this year they will kick runners off the course and NOT give them their finishing medal if they are spotted with ear phones. Can you hear me sobbing? I KNOW I can finish the race...I don't need them for a TIME now that I have my Garmin Forerunner....but I still can't imagine going all the way down their, running it and NOT getting the medal to hang with my others...yea, I'm four years old...it's all about the "prize". SOoooo...should I just stay home and run my own and not pay for the hotel and buy my own "prize"...or should I just go and TRY to do it their way and if I freak out have a SHUFFLE hidden in my pocket and pray i don't get caught....or go run with my IPOD in full view and not take the medal at the finish? Whoever screwed this up for the rest of the runners in the world...I'm really ticked at you right now. I'v never heard of anything so ridiculous...we run on roads that the traffic has been blocked...so it must have been that some ninny somewhere fell and got hurt with an IPOD on, sued, and now the rest of us have to have our joy messed over. There. Please be gentle with any comments. Especially those of you astonished that if I do go either way I plan on bringing the musical device.

3 comments:

Jeremi said...

Hmmm I'm not so sure it's a moral dilemma girl. That sounds so messed up and incredibly frustrating. Just because I am super stubborn I would be flying across the finish line with my ipod in FULL view. (Okay in reality, if I even made it to the finish line I'd be most likely crawling across but you can bet I'd have those earplugs strapped on and holding the ipod up high singing praises to it, hehehehe!)

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Even to crawl across the finish line I WOULD need some music to movtivate me....or the promise of a million dollars....I'm not picky...:)

Carol in Sweden said...

As a holder of APPLE stocks...I say TAKE THE iPOD!

Really weird you aren't suppose to have electronics ??? wouldn't it be better for the runners if they just had you sign a wavier for liability due to electronic accidents? weird stuff....

You're my runnin' momma heroine!