Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SAM


Wednesday (tomorrow) Sam will have a brain MRI and be in the tube for 45 minutes...even for a person without clostrophobia that would be a long time. At his eye appointment last week the doctor sits back and says, "Does Sam seem to have a lot of headaches and maybe an upset stomach every now and again?" I sat in disbelief as I explained the last 3 YEARS of Dr.s visits and missed school and trips to Primary Children's hospital all over continual headaches and upset stomach with all tests turning out negative. Dr. Bean (real name) explained that his optic nerve ends were bulging markedly and that he needed to be seen by an opthamologist quickly...something is causing pressure behind his eyes that is causing the bulging. I am almost afraid to hope that this could be it...PLEASE let this be it...they have it narrowed down to one of two things...HOW I WOULD LOVE to be able to give it a NAME and a treatment!!! --To relieve him sometimes just in having an explanation as to WHY it keeps happening. I'd also love to take the diagnosis to the school and say "SEE...it IS REAL!!!" WE know it's real. Anyway...any prayers would be appreciated. Whatever the outcome, we are dang grateful to be surrounded by people who have sacrificed and studied that they can help us.
SPECIAL THANKS to Jeremy(how blessed can a mom be to have a BROTHER for a doctor who drops everything and brings the best of the best with him?)...he will be there with a special pediatric team of anesthestists to help Sam make the 45 minutes...they'll put in an IV and feed the sedation through that.It's ME they will need to give a valium!

4 comments:

Kath said...

Natalie;

I will indeed pray for Sam and YOU! I know how worried you are! I am also glad that the end is near with a reason for all those headaches and upset stomach's. Yes, knowing what is wrong does make all the difference in the world as to how we feel. Most of the worry is the "why" this is happening to "me". I had migrane's for years with pain's in the neck (thought the pain in the neck was my kid's LOL). My cervical spine was so far out that the doctor thought it may snap if I hit my head just right. Well, that is why I know about the worry and the wonder of why the pain was there and what did cure those symtom's (not the kids).

Love you!! God Bless you and your family!

Keep us up to date, okay??

Love your sis-in-law, Kath

Michele said...

You and your family are always in my prayers, I will just add an extra special one for Sam!! Please keep me updated.
Love,
Michele

Jamie and Julie said...

That will be wonderful to finally find out what is going on with Sam's health. It's amazing how something with his eyes has been causing those nasty migraine headaches and upset stomach. We'll pray for Sam and your family as well.

Unknown said...

Sam, good luck with all your tests. I hope they go well! We will be thinking of you and praying for you. Please let us know how it goes. We love you and your family. Love, Aunt Nettie