Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fast Sunday






I almost giggled when praying for our Fast today, "...oh yeah Lord, AND, AND, AND"....we fasted for Sheri and Gene's home to sell in NC, for Kelly and Jax, for some of the families I have listings with homes to sell so that they can move on with their lives, for a new job for Megan, for Grand Dad to feel happy, for Olive's heart condition to improve, for the boys to be safe this week on their campouts and hikes, and even MORE stuff than that...but mostly I was fasting for my heart...yep a SELFISH faster....because I really just want to want what God wants for me, but somehow, my brain keeps getting in the way and running off with wanting what I PLAN.


Michelle and boys came for dinner. I made 72 empanadas and darned if we didn't eat all but 5!! Michelle made a cinnamon bun cake that would rock your socks...sorry you missed it, DANG GLAD I was here. We just hung out in the yard after dinner. SO NICE, the temperature felt like heaven. You can see how nicely the putting green is coming in. The boys are GA GA over the new golf net Don got them. I decided to include a few pictures of the garden and yard... it makes my heart sing. The bee balm always makes me breath hard...whoever designed this for God is going to be one of my best friends in the next life, and I plan on doing cool stuff with her...and yep, I'm sure it was a SHE.

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

The yard is looking good. I like how well the golfing green is coming in. Thanks for letting my kids come over and play in real sand on Saturday.