Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I wallpapered the bathroom yesterday and thought alot about Mom. She always loved wallpaper too. As I hung it I kept enjoying how satisfying it is to do work like that with my hands. I love watching the strips fill up the colorless empty space with warmth...it just grows "feeling" across the room. I wish you could get paid for being a homemaker. There's not much about home jobs I don't like. I could just be home forever and never get bored or sad...Ok, I guess I need a Library,Walmart and Home Depot and Fabric Store to keep me supplied.

Paid a fortune to get my laptop detoxed from the spyware that invaded...now I have to reload all the programs. So pictures and more frequent blogging should follow...

22 days if anyone else is counting. I bought a new "manly" comforter for Michael's bed. Tomorrow I'll bring up all of his boxed up stuff from the basement and put it in his room. (well, it's really Grand Dad's room, Josh moved into his room when he left and since he's leaving in October I thought it only fair to let him stay in it) I found a pair of Michael's old sweats in Josh's closet and I swear his smell was still on them...that or my imagination is as good as others say it is. Either way...I liked feeling like he was SO close. I organized the linen closet today (I think I am "nesting") and his blankie was in there. 21 years ago I sat with a belly too big to bend over and still tied that puppy (blankie). Such sweet memories...felt like I am ALWAYS waitin' for this boy to come.

1 comment:

KellyandJax said...

this post reminds me of the time Mom wallpapered our room bright hot pink! blinding bright hot pink and the whole time she was humming and singing and so happy. Like you, she found great joy in using her hands doing wallpapering and gardening. You definately have Mom's hands and some times when I see them I get teary cuz they are so Mom's hands! glad you enjoyed yor project.

Love your guts,

Kels~