Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Forgot


Oh my heck!!! I forgot this OTHER JOY Thing!!! 2 things...1ST... Josh installed this MAJOR magnifying mirror in my bathroom now that the regular mirrors are up. Let me just tell you...I will never miss a stray chin hair again! I'll be able to put on my make up WITHOUT my glasses or contacts in! (I just have to keep from picking zits when they seem GIGANTIC...in MY world, NO ONE will have zits after 16 years of age, before 16 they provide the humbling affect, after 16 it's past humbling...after 45...well...wait to YOU get there)
The second JOY thing is my brother Preston. I LOVE talking/connecting with him. He sent me this link to this interesting video, a talk by a Harvard researcher, who had a stroke, which shut down her left-brain, analytical mind, and caused her to have an experience of cosmic consciousness. I LOVE TO THINK about this kind of stuff. Anyway, here is the link if you want to go. http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight.html
Thanks for loving me and GETTING ME Preston.
Amazing to think of all the incredibly wonderful things that have gone on this week in the midst of all the pain and worry that has come with Graham's complications. "Opposition in all things".

4 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

"Oh my heck!"....haven't actually heard anyone say or write that phrase in a long time! Too funny!!
What you SHOULD have said to do your southern roots some justice is..."Well slap me to the side of a pig and roll me in the mud!"
He-he....
Your bathroom looks great, and your new barnyard shrub will fit right in! :)

Carol in Sweden said...

I agree with you 100%...zits after 45 is unacceptable! What's up with that?
seems unfair to me! What's worse is that my dad still gets them every once in awhile and he's 78!!!

Your newest garden friend is cute, cute, cute! My dad has made one (trimmed) in the garden of his summer house...it looks like a giant dog! I'll send you a photo later!

I'm supposed to be packing for our trip...

NutMeg said...

It was so good to talk to you the other day! I read your blog all the time, but sometimes it's just better in person! I'm glad that little Graham is doing better. I love your posts, your pictures and gratitude lists!

Jamie and Julie said...

It was great seeing Clucky in person last night. It's a nice edition to the Harris Chateau.