Wednesday, July 30, 2008

KENYA, Nairobi MISSION

It's really true. Josh leaves Nov. 5th for the Mission Training Center in Johannesburg South Africa. Nwe ow, I know you think I opened it by myself, but had I, I would still be DEAD on the floor. About 7 tonight he said maybe he SHOULD just go ahead and call his friends ....and of course we all pounced and got that party together!! About 75 people were here by 9....when he read it out loud, I thougth for SURE he was joking me...but he didn't even hesitate and just kept reading. Don't think I'll sleep much tonight...gonna become an expert on Kenya by morning:)

God must think I am much better than I am. He must not be watching too closely. Or maybe it's that whole parental philosophy of "ignore the bad"... The one thing I know, is that Josh is GOOD to the bone. He will love the African people, and they will love him. Maybe we'll go on a Safari in two years? I always loved those old Tarzan and Jane movies. We'll have to help Josh get the YELL down...Spencer thinks he'll get to wear a loin cloth and throw spears.
Remember the boys who we found sleeping on the tramp? Yep...Dave and Jake showed up to hear the news...this time they left their jammies at home and came dressed special for the occasion.
Paul and Katie happend to be in town!!!
Kristy, Sam, Spencer and Sydney were there to comfort me...Christy's whole family and Sydney's whole family was there...the Otterstrom's, Allphins, Southard's, Hainesworth's, Kym Peterson, Bell's, Bean's...we have SO MANY GREAT FRIENDS!!!!
This is Karie, one of my best friends, and her soon to be son in law just served in Kenya and she has told me stories about his mission...as soon as he read it off she b - lines over to me and says, "Everything I told you...I was just kidding" She loves me. Josh has no shortage of BEauTIFUL friends. I wish I had a huge group picture. Megan took some great pictures with camera and got some of our whole family together.
My phone died DEAD DEAD DEAD and it took ALL my numbers with it. If you happen to be reading this will you e-mail me or call me with your cell number? Especially you Michelle... we were SO SAD not to be able to get a hold of you and the boys tonight.
I'm tired. I might be able to sleep after all. My brain hurts. Oh, maybe that's my heart.

6 comments:

Kath said...

Of course he has beautiful girls around he is a good looking Harris. I am sure he is very excited about going to Africia. See you all soon.

Much Love!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

We are SO excited for Josh! One of Dad's friends that was a counselor to him in the Bishopric in Tallahassee was later called as mission president to Africa! You'll have to ask Dad about it...
Have a GREAT day with Michael!!!

Jamie and Julie said...

With your phone dead there still might be a way to recover your phone numbers. If you are with AT&T for example they have a SIM card and your number can be saved to it.

It was fun coming over and hearing Josh read his letter.

It's nice that Josh will be able to spend some time with Michael before he leaves on his mission. While I was on my mission my brother left on his mission and I didn't see my brother for over three years. We made up for it when we roomed together at college after he got home.

Now the excited only gets greater as Michael returns to the Harris home this evening.

Jeremi said...

Congratulations Josh, I think that would be an AWESOME place to go! Not sure how your mom feels but I know she'll deal! ;)
And yay on Michael coming home, wish we could come but I have youth softball tonight.....so much going on at once! I know it's gonna be a BLAST though!

Carol in Sweden said...

Wait a minute...I missed something...why is your friend soon going to have your Josh as her future son-in-law ? Did I miss something?

Please explain when you have time!

What joyous moments over there in Utah! Congratulations for everyone!

Unknown said...

It is happy giving us the visit with the love of Jesus Christ! We would like to invite you to our Home country South India, God Bless You!
missionofcharityindia@gmail.com