Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day

































Yesterday was just one of those days that make you gald you came to earth! We started the day with a ward (church) breakfast at a park really close to our house. Then we ripped out the laundry room and Josh is currently tiling it for me (gotta love sons with skills). At 3 o'clock the Sanders' and the Kohlert's came for the rest of the day/night and we had a LOVELY time. We had a water war, shot of the water bottle rocket launcher, played NERTZ, BBQ'd, ate more treats, broke a pinata, visted a neighbor's ROCK BAND party (more on that on another post) lit fireworks and just had FUN!!! It was blazing hot, but under the shade of the trees it felt a good 20 degrees cooler. We wandered from inside to outside to inside to outside...just HUNG OUT together.
Jamie has MUCH better pictures than me so check out his blog in a day or so...but of course ignore any he might try to blackmail me with. It won't work Jamie.
Here you can see the pinata to your right on the ground before the kids took several hits and then Sam blew it to smitherines. It was filled with LOTS of yummy candy enjoyed during the fireworks "SHOW".Miss Elle scared the crud out of me when she took a bite of a PEANUT BUTTER cookie and she is VERY allergic...just what Jeremy needed with all else going on...his babysitting sitter to almost kill his child with a peanut butter cookie. I was in deep panic...called him immediately...she spit it out right away and we didn't even need to have Bendryl or go to the emergency room...yeah.
I loved seeing the sponges all over (use them instead of water balloons) after most of us had come in to play cards...and there were MORE on the upper level. The Kohlerts made these COOL pvc pipe water soakers...gonna make us some. I'll post the directions here when I do. These are the Kohlerts (minus Tyler who you will see below, PLUS Justine on the end at far right...she's 18 today...HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTINE!!!! WE LOVE YA BIG!!!!!!)
And then me looking quite fetching...it's the new WATER WAR look... NO, Josh the Beautiful has not recieved his mission call yet...guess it will be next week...will be WIERD if it comes the same day that Michael comes home...hum hum..yes...6 days to go...SIX DAYS!!!!
Playing NERTZ.... I feel bad...I don't have any pictures of the Sanders... I thought this was hysterical...I look in on the little guys while we were playing Nertz in the kitchen and they are in a full blown game of KILLER BUNNIES...I swear this is a real game...I included the box cover to prove it...and they SO LOVED IT!!! THanks McKAY for bringing it!
Spencer's growing up.
This gives you an idea of how exciting our FIREWORS show was...even the neighbor kids came over and grabbed a chair!!! We do thank Jamie for the illegal ones that made us jump and ohhhhh more than we anticpated being able to...did I say illegal? I meant out of state...or something like that...

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

It was fun celebrating the 24th over at your home. Thanks for inviting us and keeping us engaged for a day of activities.