Sunday, July 20, 2008

I LOVE Sunday mornings



I'm just fussing around...Don is at meetings, Spencer and Josh won't move till I wake them at about 11 or so...Sam the lucky dawg is off to Lake Powell with his friend Jackson-his family has a house boat (I've never been, neither has he...but it is UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS) It is on "the list" of places to go. We aren't real familiar with boating so I think that's the biggest reason we haven't made a trip (Well, and that the house boat rental thing can be thousands of dollars...that might have something to do with it...)The water is SO warm--about 90 degrees ( you know me and warm water). And then to be surrounded by such incredible beauty. Maybe if some of you would come and visit we would actually go?Let's PLAN a trip...Austin? Audry? Issac? William? Anyone, Anyone?


Anyway. I LOVE being home knowing all is well in my world and just quiet. Me and the cats and the chickens and the sprinklers...and the smell of my easiest and yummy Sunday dinner in the crock pot.
1 roast
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
5 + hours on low
Potatoes ready to boil in the pot.
Making roll dough.

Trying to decide what lovely dessert I'll make..probably the one that is the most fun to lick the bowl (Becky, if you're reading this I am JUST KIDDING--Becky is my running partner)
Zuchinni mania from the garden has started :^) Stir frying it in chicken broth with onions makes my heart sing...smothering it with fresh parmesan cheese I start to dance! This part of Sunday I LOVE...just quiet and rest and alone time.

I opened up the pictures in my camera on the computer to start trying to catch up on this blog, when I found that Spencer had been having a moment with photograpy and videoing...take a look...I think he was impressed with his GOLFER's tan.
And then trying to get a grip on his SWING---this is a video so click on it.





Now for random happiness stuff, not that the above hasn't been random...



I SHOULD have invented this garden hose basket!!! A MILLION times I have wanted something other than the sterile metal winder upper/so I have opted for winding it up and leaving it all over the ground...I have even thought about getting a big basket, but DID I do it and then take it to HOME DEPOT so thousands of gardener's could love it and purchase it like me and make enough money to go to Lake Powell and maybe even retire before I'm 75?Obviously NOT. Dang this is a good idea. I'm glad THEY DID IT even if I didn't. I'll just be their commercial and let you know they also have big BRONZE pots that are beautiful, but they didn't have any at the time for TWO hose lengths worth, and that's what I needed. Want to surprise me? HOME DEPOT trip, gift card...yep, that'll do er!





Now for the JOY segment...most of you know instead of a "vision board" I have "vision DOORS". I cut out pictures of things that connect with my heart and stick them up there and hope that one day they will be in my life. Well, on FRIDAY I stuck this picture up and thought..."I CAN DO THAT...I just need a book to teach me how, after school starts I'll go find out the how to and maybe by spring if I tend them indoors they'll be looking pretty good." Well...yesterday while at Cook's nursery guess what I found? AND the bigger miracle that Don felt GREAT about the price of the purchase AND the addition of another "funky" animal figure in the yard...I am SO IN LOVE with this chicken!!! I can't wait to name him...the right name hasn't settled on me yet. OINK just seems perfect for the pig, but CLUCK doesn't seem fitting enough for this guy. I'll plant him in the morning and put that flat of RED impatience all around him. Oh I can't wait!!!! I'm still gonna get me a book...I think these littler guys all around him would make me smile even MORE when I'm out there. Can you believe it? ONE DAY after I put it on my door and SHAZAAM!!! I'm a lucky, blessed girl. Come by on Monday and see him!!! Whatever, come by NOW!


I'm sure I lost most of you several pictures ago. No matter. It's Sunday morning and I still have HOURS before church (1pm), and I am off to NOT lick a batter bowl. I could tirade about that for awhile but that won't change the facts or my body, so I'll skip it...one of the nice things about being 45 is learning you can just skip the all the triade feelings if you're up to being a big enough girl. Today I'm up to it. Lucky you---wait...LUCKY ME!!! XXOOXXOOXXOO
Okay...11 days and my BABY will be home.
Graham is still holding his own. Will be slow moving from here...as much as we hate that, the plum in the pudding is that I'll get to have Haven and Elle more :^)


1 comment:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Yeah,unfortuneately won't be able to come this summer but maybe next summer or something once the house sells :)

Austin