Sunday, December 9, 2007

SUNDAY in DECEMBER






It is a winter wonderland out as you can see from the pictures. The boys were in heaven this weekend snowboarding at Sundance.It started snowing again on Thursday (all the snow from last week had already melted) and is still snowing this morning. Sam said they had powder up to their waist on the back mountain. They were so excited it almost made me wish I would learn...almost. After your 9 month spiral leg break Michael not much could convince me to put my running legs in that kind of jeopardy...maybe if I was more co-ordinated.


Saturday was the most perfect day of winter for me so far. I didn't have to go ANYWHWERE...I just stayed home and cooked for a small neighborhood dinner party we had here while the snow just came and came and Christmas Carols rang out from FM 106.5... a little too loudly Don thought...good thing only me and God get to decide what I like:) I LOVE the way roll dough feels soft as a baby's bum when it's rolled out. Everyone else ran in and out happily with friends and shopping and I just baked and hummed and sang (and ate) and thought about ALL of you...wishing for some stolen moments to catch up face to face. I had to laugh when I thought of all the places in the world you are...how I couldn't just take one trip and get you all in...I'd cover several countries even! But GERMANY has the lion share of my heart...Michael...I LOVE YOU!!!!


I woke this morning trying to think what I could take pictures of that Michael would want to see...I AM going to try to find Jessie Abegg bud and get a picture...I KNOW I would score big Momma Brownie points for that one. This morning was the Young Women's turn to take care of the Lindon Care Center Resident's for Sacrament Meeting. I always love going there. It is hard to tell the range of their mental capacity, but I don't think anyone there is much over a 5 or 6 year old. I took my baby doll from our manger that I wrap with swaddling bands to look like the baby Jesus...and that was truly THE HIT!!! Kym had to hold him the whole time and was NOT happy to have to let Shawna have a turn at the end. I love that baby doll too...makes me feel strange sometimes how I just like to pick it up and pretend that it's one of mine. I keep waiting for Heavenly Father to remember to turn off my "baby love" switch. It is the ONLY thing I feel sad about being 44 over...pretty much come to grips that there won't be any more babies for me. So now I'm focusing on GRANDBABIES...I COULD have one in 3-5 years. Yep, it COULD happen:)


We laughed Michael when you said you didn't know Josh had the Buick...it is really the FAMILY car that is used by whoever needs one that is not Mom or Dad, and since SPencer doesn't get his licence until March and you won't be using it until August....Josh is having a LOVELY moment being able to get where he needs to go. ANd yes, unfortunately to him, helping to run little brothers around.


Sam and Spencer are shown here doing their favorite Sunday morning activity...watching football until Dad finds them.


For my siblings...some great couple relationship advice (FOR FREE:) ) Don has turned the chairs in our bedroom to face each other and put them close, we have a set time now each day that we just close the door to the kids and talk. He rubs my feet and listens, and I listen...okay, I listen less. But it has been a lovely thing these past few weeks and thought it worth passing on.


Don's work party was Friday night at the new Swiss FANCY resort in Midway called the ZERMOTT. They gave away two 47 inch flat screen's and a cruise and lots of other stuff...it was fun even though we didn't win anything...I like that feeling of HOPE that you feel while you wait for the names to be drawn. Probably a good thing for me that there isn't a lottery here. It has made me think ALOT about hope though, and how absolutely sweet it is...I hope for Grandbabies, for children who love themselves and others wholly, for great unread books to find their way to me in the new year, for miracles to come to those who want and need them, for a hot tub, for financial security, for GrandDad to be happy and me to be able to help....HOPE!!!!!


Congratulations to Austin on his own personal e-mail address and thanks for loving me enough to write me!


My Grandmother Steadwell's birthday was Wednesday, and I wonder what she is doing on the other side. So many people tell me that I look like her...or they use to...anyway, I know that this life isn't it, and I love it when I can feel her near and HOPE that she is happy with us and our life choices. I wish she'd come give me some details on how I can best help GrandDad.


I wish I had something EXCITING to share...I am reading a yummy book called Austinland by Shannon Hale if you are looking for a memorable read. Happy Christmas Time!!!!









2 comments:

Michele said...

Natalie,
I just love reading your blog it leaves me feeling all warm and fuzzy. I still need to bring back your dishes.
Love,
Michele

Kath said...

So nice to hear about your life, Natalie! Your such a good and loving wife, mother, friend, and sister-in-law! Your life is so busy and rewarding.

You mentioned about not being able to have children now, but your wishing for grandchildren. Let me tell you that grandchildren are such little blessings. So soft and cuddly. Adrian said Grandma the other day so clearly. I almost cryed with happiness. Huggs and kisses are also a warm feeling for her which washes away any problem I may have at the moment, because of her being so pure and innocent. She loves no matter what! Yes, grandchildren are so welcome in my life as well.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Love, Kath