Saturday, July 26, 2008

Boating!!!!!!! YeeeHawwwwww!!!





The Kohlert's have a boat and invited us to Deer Creek Reservior for the day....HEAVEN!!! I almost got up wake boarding!!! I can't wait to try again. I could get up, but then I couldn't get the board turned around...get this...(and it's TRUE that they said it!!!!) ---I guess I am just "too light" for that board...they'll have to have a smaller one next time. You bet I'm still grinning after that! The boat had a problem mid day and we had to end it all...BUT, the little time we were there was HEAVEN!!! Doug Kohlert is a patient man. He worked with everyone while they tried to get up. Sam and Josh are already great wake boarders, and if you remember August 12 two years ago....Spencer is too...just had to have brain surgery over his little wake boarding accident...this was his first time back since the accident. I was amazed...he just jumped in and went for it. Boys are such different animals than girls. (Thank you EVERYONE for never complaining about all of my run on sentences, Mrs. Sharp ---High School English teacher-would freak) We are THRILLED the Kolhert's are new in our neighborhood...and NOT just because they have a boat. They are dang fun and just plain easy to be with. We feel like we've known them for years. They are bringing a new and needed energy to our street.
Okay...so you know by now that I'm not the best picture taker and you can see that there are no wake boarding pictures here...go to Megan's blog...she'll have all the good ones. And I purposely did not put the ONE picture of me here because THIS IS MY BLOG and it's not fair that people only take my picture when I am eating food and looking less than lovey. I mean, WHO wears make up and does their hair to go wake boarding?

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

I fully expected Spencer to have control on the wakeboard, the kid has skillz.

Sam tells me he can jump the wake now. I'd like to see him wakeboard again.

I heard from Sydney that Christie is pretty good on the wakeboard as well.

I'd like someone to tell me I was too lite for the wakeboard.