Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SPRING BREAK

SO, I'm a big talker. Day one on "new and improved eating me" went FANTASTIC. Day 2, today, not so fantastic. Left for my run with a head cold like no other. Can't remember the last time I had a cold. I heard on TV once that the purest cancer fighter cells are created from having a cold in your system...so I guess it can stay a minute. But no longer than an minute. I walked most of my route just wanting to lay my head down somewhere, anywhere. I finally succumbed and had a nap from 1:30 to 4:45. Alas, still my head needs to be on a pillow.
Oprah has this new show about food addicts. I am SO a food addict. According to the show I am eating my pain. Food is NOT the real issue. Now the question, WHAT PAIN? Well, lets start with being on this planet with 5 amazing children all with BIG DREAMS to shepherd through the experience ......hmmmm. And then there's MY DREAMS. Some of which are pretty close at hand---just right at my finger tips, if only I can figure out the RIGHT way to work it. Figuring it out. Think the whole eating thing started when I started figuring....
Tonight my house is rocking with teenagers...who oddly enough just watched TANGLED and cheered through most of it. Spencer is quietly taking in all of his LAST moments before life changes for him forever. I am watching him take it all in and making myself a grilled cheese sandwich to feed the hurt of it. Tomorrow I'll quit the bread and butter. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

MontelloOffGrid said...

hugs...

Val and Merilee said...

Merilee says,
I relate to your posts and your thoughts so much! Just had toast and jam at 10:30 pm. My body has changed so much since I quit teaching dance and I sit at a computer all day everyday. Every Sunday night I say that this week I am going to get on that treadmill again. Keeps not happening. I got all worked up for my last class reunion and the power went out that afternoon and I looked like a wet dog. They are going to love you no matter. You are still President Natalie!!