Thursday, June 16, 2011

Don's letter to Spencer 16 July 2011

Hey Spencer!



¿Como va todo? I really hope and pray you’re doing well. I’m so happy to hear from you every week – you sound pretty happy and like thing sare going pretty well and I’m so happy about that.



I’m excited to hear from you again today. Please spend the time to tell us more today. Please tell us a spiritual experience or two. Please tell us about an insight into the scriptures or Preach My Gospel principle that really touched you during this past week. Or an experience in your ward/branch on Sunday or a talk at a devotional by a General Authority or something. Please tell us how you’re doing with the food, the district, your companion. Please tell us how the Spanish is coming. You’ve now been there for about 6 weeks – you are probably really feeling pretty much at home and enjoying the place more. Anyway, just please tell us more.



Things are good here. We’ve had Sheri, Preston and Jeremi and Granddad Broadhurst and their kids all here for the last several days and that has been fun and busy – our pool is getting a work out every day. Dallas Mavs beat the Miami Heat – happy about that – and Nowitski and Kidd were amazing.



Sam did well in his UJGA tourney – an 84 on the 1st day but good enough to qualify, then a 74 on day 2 to beat a very good player, then a 76 yesterday and he lost. But that’s his first tourney after lots of baseball for months, so I feel really good about it. Then after playing 18 yesterday he played a double header and went 2 for 6 and they won both games.



Megan now has reasons to be hopeful about a job either in Provo or at Lone Peak. Michael has a new girl friend and they seem to be enjoying each other. Josh is liking his work at Home Depot and being with Michael in a Provo apartment. I’m staying really busy at work and things are going well. I’m getting ready to leave for Peru, Colombia and Guatemala and my next letter to you will be from Cartagena, Colombia. Stake Youth Conference is tomorrow and Saturday so we’ve been real busy getting ready for that.



I LOVE YOU SON! The BEST gift you could ever give me for Father’s Day is to continue to do your best to serve the Lord on your mission. I love you, and I love our Savior Jesus Christ and I love His gospel, and I love the restored church of Jesus Christ led by living prophets and apostles, so, while we miss you, there’s no other place I’d rather you be and no other activity I’d rather you be involved with than what you are doing right now. And I promise you that your loving Father in Heaven feels the same way. You are where you should be now and you are doing what you should be doing and you and all our family will be blessed forever for it.



The gospel is TRUE and SOOOoooo important, eternally important, so your message to the people of South Carolina is the most important and THE MOST WONDERFUL message there is. Christ lived and died and now lives again for us all. He is our Savior and our Redeemer. And His church and living His gospel teachings can help us be more happy here in this life and forever happy after this life. What more wonderful message can there be?



Thank you for being a good missionary and thank you for all your time and sacrifice and efforts and prayers and work and study and love and ALL you’re doing. I’m proud of you and so happy for you.



Take care and PLEASE TELL US MORE ABOUT YOU and those things I mentioned earlier. We look forward to hearing from you.



I love you Spencer,

Dad

No comments: