Monday, February 20, 2012

St. George President's Day Tournament

 The team eating in between games...the weather was SO GORGEOUS!!! It got to 60 degrees BOTH days! As always they/we had an amazing time. This tournament isn't about winning. This tournament is about giving EVERYONE a chance to get some decent outside, on the field time playing. We won 2 and lost two...so sadly we did not get to stay Saturday and Sunday and be in the play offs today. We drove home Saturday night. Kincade went down with us and made the stay even more fun. Have you heard about this new JEREMY LIN kid yet who plays for the NY Nicks??? You're going to love him Spencer...came out of NO WHERE (Harvard) and has been rocking the court for about 2 weeks now with unbelievable stats. ANYWAY...the media and fans are having a hey day with him and they use his name--LIN ---like crazy...for instance "LINderella", "LINsanity", Can't LIN them all.....so Kincade decided he wanted to be KINsanity...and now he is. Sam is SAMtastic :) Senior year is SO FUN!!!! Sam is STILL coughing and trying to get over this mess he has. We are on week 6 now. I could cry a bucket of tears...I came home with a nasty cold---I REFUSE to get what he has!!!!

 One of the nights we went to Honolulu Grill and they had Karioke....the boys are NUTS! These two were HORRIBLE and knew it and still kept getting up....Dad took the picture of these girls sitting next to us with their ears covered.
 Sam is such a charmer.....so he gets up there to sing Tim McGraw's "Something Like That" and tells everyone that he is SINGLE-- and then POINTS to this back table of VERY CUTE GIRLS and says, yeah, that's right, and if I cough, don't let it worry you, I'm not contagious, I can still kiss. Then he totally hams it up while he sings (I was surprised at what a good voice he has) and ends by saying "I'm single, don't forget". A few minutes later this kid comes up with a napkin with 2 of the girls names on it from the back table and their numbers. Then the girls come up to sing  that song that says "I wanna dance with somebody, I wanna feel the heat with somebody".....and Sam gets up and starts dancing with them WHILE THEY ARE SINGING to the crowd!!....His team went nuts and so did the crowd and the girls. WHERE DID HE COME FROM????It was a great weekend, just a little too short.
We woke up to an inch or two of snow yesterday morning...alot of it has melted. Still such a strange winter.
Meg has her birthday on Wednesday...but we will probably celebrate it today since Josh is home still from his training. Josh and Michael still haven't heard anything from Survivor. A new season of Survivor started on Wednesday and we are SO HAPPY! Sam is in the MR. T Contest on Friday Night Another jammed pack week ahead.
Shane Durfey is home and he and Austin came by while we were gone this week and left a note on a napkin...I will keep trying for a pic for you. I got to run with Karie while I was in St. George (she came down to her mom's for the holiday) and she says Michael is doing GREAT. He bought a ferret and she is NOT happy about that, but says it makes Michael HAPPY. Cade Wilkes had his farewell yesterday.
Sam didn't get accepted to BYU. His 3.7 and 27 ACT wasn't enough. Who is that NOT enough for? BYU  is who...kind of being a hater at the moment. So...I am NOT SAD that he is not going to BYU...I am SAD that he will now probably go to Utah State and be 2 hours away from me like Josh!!! I am having Mother growing pains. I REALLY HATE IT THAT YOU GROW UP AND LEAVE!!!! He has some big decisions to make this week. We'll keep you posted.
I love you. I love that it is MONDAY morning and that I should hear from you....although I am totally prepared if its not today because of the holiday. Pretty sure libraries are closed on President's Day weekend. I love WHO you are and the HOW you are and mostly that YOU BELONG TO ME!!! Love like crazy. I miss you!
Mom
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: