Sunday, May 6, 2012

HUMP DAY FINALLY CAME!!!

 This was the SUPER MOON on your hump day (Friday, May 4th) taken by Alan Winters.
 Sam gave a great talk about LOVE and LOVING at his seminary FEAST. I guess once a month they ask one of the kids to speak during lunch and whoever wants to come can come. I was surprised by how many kids came...ALOT of his baseball team and ALOT of GIRLS :) I'll have him send you his talk.
My HANDSOME BOY!!! Here you see me and my Prednisone puffed up self. I PRAY it goes away quickly (the water weight has already started to drop--YEAH!!)
 The room was at least 3 times this size and FULL.
 Sam being AMAZING.
These are the new girlies for the coop!! By the time you get home they will be full grown and have layed MANY eggs each. I got a fun mix again. Michelle Muirhead is brooding them for me until she gets tired of it in her bathroom! I kind of miss it, but she is home much more than me and is snugging all over them like they deserve. Crazy how fast they grow.

So...it was hard to take Michael to the airport knowing he was going to be gone ALL SUMMER...and just as hard to take Josh today. I get the whole SO GOOD for them thing....all the new life long best friends that will be made, the money, the new area to learn and live,....but I STILL LIKE MY BABIES HOME NEAR ME!!!!
GREAT baseball this week!!! Won both games so no matter even if they lose tomorrow and Tuesday they would still go to State (but they WON'T lose). Tomorrow night is the final team dinner here. We've had a cold front come through so it will be a bit nippy, but the water is at 88 degrees so I expect everyone will still swim.
Sam took the practice Calculus AP test and got a 4. He takes the real test soon---pray. Today he tried to teach me how to do the rubics cube...you can imagine the laughter. My brain truly just does NOT work that way. We layed together on the chaise lounge and listened to Michael Jackson radio on Pandora---he kept saying "do you know this song?" and OF COURSE I DID!!! The late 70's and early 80's was such a delightful music time...MY TIME...I just wanted to DANCE. He misses you...but when you are gone I get to be the "bud" and I love that.Hanging with you together is a much needed action as soon as is possible. I need to laugh with my boys. I love how you get me.
We've put some time into the yard and all the flowers are planted and the garden tilled and it is HEAVEN!!! I love home. I love home. I love HOME!!! The Hummingbirds are back.  Now I just need all you children to co operate and quit being independent and COME BACK.  :)
Sam is so happy to have the Buick at his disposal now. Our front looks like a parking garage with Michael and Josh's cars here for the whole summer. Michael's motorcycle is in the garage too!
Showed tons of houses this week. Went to see the LUCKY ONE with the girlies Thursday night---I love spontaneous outings! My activity day girls came for a pool party Wednesday. The Senior gang came for lunch on Friday. Took Josh and Stephanie to PF Changs Friday night with Sam and saw Kimberly. She is quitting Changs and doesn't know what she'll do next...but sends her love. Last night we got together with the Clarke's and Randy and Leslie Nielson. Been awhile.  JaLee and Leslie both mentioned that they were 52 and it walloped me up side the head....my MOM was 52 when she died...how totally ridiculous!! I am only 3 years away from that. I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE FOR A LONG LONG TIME. She was way way way too young. We have known each other for years. Our wrinkles are showing. Strange to be talking about their CHILDREN's pregnancies and not our own. Life is flying.
Except of course when it pertains to WAITING FOR YOU to come home.
I love you Spencer.  Make your world there a HAPPY place and lace it with thoughts of us. Pour LOVE all over everything and everyone. Let your kindness flow. Write me. I need your words. The house is so empty.
I GET TO TALK TO YOU in seven days:) :) :) :) :) :) Just let me know about when if you have any idea. 
Mom
XXOOXXOOXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOOX


No comments: