I am coming to so many parties LATE!!!! I AM SO HAPPY THAT I GET TO INVITE MYSELF!!!! I freaking LOVE studying the GREAT MINDS and HEARTS of those who have gone on before. I fuss to myself when I miss my mom. I feel gypped that I don't have that "love me no matter what" female life ADVOCATE to hold my hand. I step out of that ridiculous thinking when crazy synchronicity pours out around me. I will tell you more about that in another post. As I battle the insecurity of wanting to be CHOSEN of their accord by others, the Universe perfectly scoops me up. WHO..I mean WHO gets CHOSEN by SOCRATES???? ALL OF US...yes...me included!!! Snuggle up to his HEART!!! I am his Lover. Maybe, just maybe, I was his wife that made him the Philosopher. The GODS bless us both.
1) “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”
2) “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
3) “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
4) “I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think”
5) “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
7) “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.”
8) “He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.”
9) “If you don’t get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don’t want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can’t hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality.”
10) “Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”
11) “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.”
12) “To find yourself, think for yourself.”
13) “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.”
14) “Know thyself.”
15) “Let him who would move the world first move himself.”
16) “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”
17) “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
18) “I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.”
19) “Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual.”
20) “understanding a question is half an answer”
21) “True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us”
22) “He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.”
23) “To be is to do”
24) “The mind is everything; what you think you become”
He gets new reign of the shower wall of quotes...happening now. But to READ him...as good as Hagendas coffee ice cream in bed.
My GOD is in the next room, cooking unseen feasts and humming.
T I I S G Turn it into something Good.
I devote the rest of my days to acts of loving kindness. I help those whom God has placed in my path. I will be as loving as I can, as often as I can, for as many people as I can, for as long as I live. Here if you need me. (Kate Braestrup)
Instead of FEAR, I feel INSPIRED. Instead of overwhelmed, I feel the excitement of the possibilities.
I learn ways to replace FEAR with LOVE.
ASK FOR HELP. Follow the guidance sent to you.
DO NOT COMPLAIN...if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. (a mom I bet)
We become what we love...so nothing will affect your life more than whom and what you choose to love. Matthew Kelly
I wish someone else would fill this out...I'd love to see what others see when it comes to me(ok, maybe not). I LOVE my family, I love being home. I love to cook, garden, read, run, do family history, study, eat, quilt, play the piano, plan and have parties with friends, being warm-- the sun on my skin, my hands/body in hot water. I love the change of seasons, tulips in the Spring, annuals in the summer, pumpkins in the fall and soup & fresh bread from the oven in the winter.I LOVE my life. I LOVE babies and children and teenagers and adults. I love people. And if you're reading this, I'd bet that I LOVE YOU!!!!!