Monday, November 19, 2007

BOISE and family






Hey Lovey!!! Dad and I went to Boise this past weekend...none of the boys wanted to go so we went solo. Dad took me to the Cheesecake Factory TWICE--they just opened one in South Jordan and it will be a must visit as soon as you get home. The food was heaven, and the cheesecake was truly out of this world. I only had a couple of bites each time...but they were worth it and probably a gazillion calories anyway. We visited the Johnson's. Molly will be 2 the end of December and one of her favorite words is NO...it reminded me of you...except you would always say "No, Thanks" but pretty forcefully:) Memories....


Uncle Kelly had flown in from Baltimore so all of Dad's siblings were there. We got together after the BSU game and again Sunday morning at Marie Calendar's for brunch. I felt spoiled with so much eating out and no one to tend to. Amber is beautiful and played me in Yahoo marbles and beat me both times.


Ron gave me a CD of the pictures they took while they were here in October. I thought you'd like to see my running trail up the canyon and the deer that have adopted our back yard and Sundance and the Valley from the Provo Mall and how tall Sam is now...I have my 3 inch clogs on in the picture...and and and and and...


GrandDad and Olive fly in tomorrow night, so the crazy fun begins then. I still have a gazillion things to do and 3 meetings tomorrow 9, 11, and 12...I've got to get to the grocery store so I can start cooking. We'll set a place for you Thursday. And Wednesday...Wednesday we'll have Pie Night---everyone will be here by then. I won't be able to help thinking about you throughout the days...but with a smile...this will be the LAST Thanksgiving without you home. I hope you find Pumpkin Pie somewhere---or apple, since that 's your favorite.


Grandmom Ground had the same nose cancer surgery I had a few years ago so that's what's up with her nose in the picture. She's healing great but she feels self conscious.


Kristina Otterstrom is having TWINS!!! I gave her my book on twins, I guess at 44 I can concede and feel fairly sure I'm not going to get 2 babies for one cut. I'm excited because I'll get to help! Oh, I can smell them already! One of the sweet parts about the wait is that they will be delivered about a month before you get home, so it will help the count down:)


Shayne Clarke called today wanting your e-mail for Danaan. I guess Danaan has asked a few times for it and they are just now getting to it...thinking of you both --inseparable at two, wearing your superman capes and goggles, and getting your stomach's pumped together, the toy shot guns at the Alpine house, eating ice cream out of the container "cause that's what a man can do if he wants"...try hard to write him, he'll love it. His e-mail is mdcskate22@myldsmail.net


I'm so grateful for you Michael, and not just because it's Thanksgiving. You have made my life so joy filled. Thinking about you saying "No, thanks" led me to so many other memories. You have always been such a good son and a good person. We feel lucky to have you in our family. My arms are wrapped tight around you even if it's only in my mind. I wish I could meet you in my dreams like we would plan when you were little. Tonight I'll meet you at your favorite castle in Germany and you can give me a tour, and then take me to eat a DONER, and then to the Christmas stands, and then to meet all your investigators. I love you bud. You'll be in our hearts.


MOM

3 comments:

Kath said...

This is a great blog, Natalie. I enjoyed reading and seeing the pictures. I enjoyed seeing all of my sibling together again! Twice in one year, that is amazing. We all have been together at least once a year for the last two years at least. I love it. I know that Dad and Mom also enjoy seeing all of their children together and us conversing again. I was happy to have all three of my girls there. That is a first time in years. One of them always had something going on in their lives, like "boys". Imagine that!So I understand when you said that the boy's didn't want to come. Kind of a little treat not to have them to look after, but sad because they aren't there at the same time.

I will be thinking about everyone on the holidays and everyday. Hope everyone has a blessed one.

Love you all! Kath

Az said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Az said...

Hey Natalie. It was an especially great blog, since I was mentioned.