Sunday, November 25, 2007

THANKSGIVING






GrandDad and Olive arrived safely and tired. We are SO THRILLED that they came. We are especially thankful to Olive for coming, I feel sure GrandDad wouldn't have come without her. GrandDad forgot all of his ID (except his passport) and Olive forgot her insulin (thank heavens Jeremy is a doctor). Preston and Jeremi and girlies came the next day. Everyone here came here for Thanksgiving...we missed ALL OF YOU who weren't here. I feel sad that I was so busy getting the dinner on that I forgot to get pictures of the table and the feast...I didn't even THINK about pictures until it was cleaned up and everyone was crashed all over the house.


I started getting sick Thanksgiving afternoon and now am in the full rage of a head cold or some nasty flu. My head feels like it weighs a thousand pounds and every inch of my body aches. I can't even remember the last time I was sick, so I guess it's time to cleanse the old system, I just wish it could have waited until Grandad and Olive were gone.


We took them to Temple Square last night to see the lights. I'd slept most of the day and thought I was up to it...wrong. I'm staying in today. The boys have had a lovely holiday with BYU winning against the U of U for the second year in a row, and then the Cougs basketball team almost beating NC right after. Our house has been full of MALES...lots of friends, chips and dip,treats, ball games, video games and movies. I think everyone has had enough holiday to last us the 4 weeks until Christmas:)


Michael...we thought of you the WHOLE time and are STILL thinking of you...!!!! Aunt Kori announced that she is pregnant and due in July (18th) so it could be born on your birthday possibly---I am SO excited!!!! More babies for ME!!!! Julie Schwartz will be married on Dec. 27th. Darrin Huntzinger is marrying Melissa Hansen from our ward (unicycle Melissa) in December as well. No snow yet so only the snow making resorts opened this weekend and the boys are bummed. I hope you got some turkey and mashed potatoes somehwere.


All you NC family...we MISSED you and thought about you too. All our other family and friends...we are DANG GLAD to have you in our lives.


I won't be getting any awards for these pictures...forgive me for missing the pictures of some of the best stuff...I'll have to assign a photographer for next year who is NOT the cook.

No comments: