Sunday, November 28, 2010

Arriving in Africa

I'd been consistently weepy just thinking about FINALLY getting to see him for about a week before we left...when we took off from Amsterdam I just LOST it...I KNEW that it was going to happen. MY JOSH was just 9 hours away. I was grateful that everyone around me was mostly sleeping. Spencer kept giving me the best "side" hugs he could from the plane seat next to me. We get off the plane in Nairobi and we had to go through customs. I thought I would explode. Don and Spencer let me go through first. As I ran to go down the stairs to the luggage area I realized we would have to get the luggage FIRST before going "OUT"---I thought they were killing me...and then I saw him behind the glass enclosures. My sobs must have portrayed all that my heart felt because the guard closest to me came over and said "go to the entry and you can see your loved one, I will watch and let you re-enter". AN ANGEL I TELL YOU!!! AN ANGEL!!! He came out of the crowd to me and I couldn't talk for sobbing. He is so skinny. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I guess in African culture you would NEVER display those kinds of emotion in public. Too bad they will never know that generally you don't in America either...they just got a "special" one. I am so glad he loves me and just let me hold him. They made Don and Spencer wait until all the luggage was gathered. His mission president and wife- THE BROADBENTS (they are from Odgen and AMAZING people) had brought him and took the pictures. THANK YOU. At this moment, ALL WAS WELL IN MY WORLD!



No comments: