Sunday, November 28, 2010

SOooooo........THIS IS REAL!!!

Josh reported his mission to the High Council this morning. We had to be there at 7. As I was getting ready Megan comes in and says "Mom, I have something to show you, but I have to wait until you get home". I said "Just show me now...". And these are the pictures she pulled up...there are more with close ups of the cuts. I am right now doing what JOSH HATES and this is the very reason WHY he didn't tell us (ME) I am sure. But I am FREAKING OUT! I know its over. I know it happened a few months ago...I KNOW he is an adult....but THEY SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME!!!! The other Elder sitting on the bed was driving and he rolled the car. Josh doesn't remember any of it, he awoke in the hospital. They didn't give him any stitches but they should have. When they got him back to the mission home they got him an MRI in Nairobi and it showed that all was ok except his concussion.
I have MANY thoughts in my head. Mostly I am face to face with the control freak of myself that I am....and the FAITH issues....and then there are the authority issues.... But still.....SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME. Josh says the car was destroyed and looked as if NO ONE could have come out alive. He considers it a missionary miracle. I take the miracle with DEEP DEEP gratitude. Really, I do. I know anger is not the better emotion at this moment, but it keeps overriding the gratitude. So I am asking myself...what IS IT that you are REALLY upset about?

Josh speaks in church today. We have so many friends coming to visit and eat. I am excited. I am trying to shake it off. Not such a good shaker offer when it comes to my kids. Have I told you lately HOW MUCH I LOVE MY KIDS???? Well, I do.

1 comment:

Jeremi said...

WOW! Just wow! That is crazy! And really it is probably a good thing they didn't call because let's face it you are you and it wouldn't have been good for you! Now at least you know he is WELL!!! It's still crazy though, so glad they survived!